PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 09-28-2009, 12:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
They used this house for the film BladeRunner, and another one which escapes me.
Love FLW 'art'
Old 10-26-2009, 02:31 PM
Eternal Member

I know of no really good Falling Water models only the one Rick posted which is not really accurate/ A great house though
Old 10-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Eternal Member

Shame on you Its a great house If you visit also see Kentuk Know also FFLW close to Falling Water
Old 10-30-2009, 12:48 AM

I've been a fan of FLW since I first visited Chicago a number of years ago. Since then I've seen stuff in Ohio and Arizona. I especially like the prairie-style stuff.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:20 PM

Just a quick word of advice. Many years ago I bought the Dover Robie House card model. They had screwed up somewhere, and the book was missing about half the building, duplicating other features (no house and double the perimeter wall bits, or something to that effect.) Dover didnt know how to fix this, as they sent me a couple replacement books with identical problems. I do not know if the publisher ever got around to correcting this. Ive not seen other/newer prints of the book in a very long time, but before you buy it, try to get a look inside, and ensure that you have all the pages you are supposed to.
Google Adsense
Old 11-30-2009, 02:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.25 MB
Mindblowing. I had built the actualy paper model on plain A4 black and white prints from office printer just to see what it looks like. I'm going to rescale it to 4 times so that it can go with my Matchbox cars and then put the final one up on the site some time soon. But this is truly a work of art.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnyss View Post
Mindblowing. I had built the actualy paper model on plain A4 black and white prints from office printer just to see what it looks like. I'm going to rescale it to 4 times so that it can go with my Matchbox cars and then put the final one up on the site some time soon. But this is truly a work of art.
Do you have a layout? If so, how's about a couple of pix? It sounds really interesting.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.25 MB
well here's what I did just for practice:

Turquoise Chill: An Architectural Marvel: Fallingdowner
Old 12-01-2009, 09:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Very nice indeed!
Old 12-11-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
Frank Lloyd Wright is one of the most gifted artists of all time...in my opinion.

but, I agree...these types of "projects" are great "ART" but nothing more. When it comes to real life practicality, we don't always know the complete truth.

and "one with nature" doesn't really tell the whole story either...like all the disturbance and damage caused to make it "one with nature"
Few would argue Wright's designs aren't impressive visually, especially so in the era in which they were built. However, function seemed to at times follow form, instead of the opposite of that principle, in some of his buildings. In a biography of Ayn Rand (who was inspired in part by Wright to author The Fountainhead, the story of an intransigent architect) I read, it claims she visited Wright's stunning Taliesen West studio and was somewhat disappointed when she noticed that floors creaked and sloped in some places and some interior doors wouldn't open properly due to the settling of the foundation and structure. :(

Still, even if that's true, from an aesthetic (and modeling) standpoint, Wright gave us some wonderful architecture and design for the ages.

Google Adsense