PDA

View Full Version : Models uploaded without permission???

N96HBK
08-06-2015, 05:03 AM
Hello everyone,
Recently, I get linked to pirate site removed from various paper modelling sites, and I can see some models from some of my friends being posted there. I would like to ask wether these are posted with permission from the designers or recolourers. Thank you.

rickstef
08-06-2015, 06:41 AM
More than likely, No

it is a well known forum where files are collected and then shared.

I wish this and similar forums would stop this practice, and just host and share those files designers want to share, there are a couple of Truck Trial and racing trucks I would like to build, but am weary of provinance

airdave
08-06-2015, 07:33 AM
Nothing shared on that site, is shared with any permissions.
I have investigated the sharing of many of my own files (at that site).

Posters sharing files without permission (on that site) are clearly identified by their screen names.
Some of those posters are members here.

Maybe if the persons involved had to deal with repercussions from other forums,
they might think twice about sharing other peoples files without permission.

If I knew one of my forum members was involved in file sharing on that site,
I'd ban them immediately (and block their IP so they couldn't create new accounts).

These people contribute absolutely nothing to our hobby or community.
They just leech and steal for the purpose of pirated file sharing notoriety.

legal01
08-06-2015, 07:59 AM
Nope, this site only steals models from other forms and uploads them without the knowledge or consent of the designers. They are the blister on the ass of bad taste and bad modelling manners. There are several of my designs there and I certainly have never given consent to upload them, they even steal my photos!

peterlane
08-06-2015, 08:55 AM
I post a ship that i design here. A week later appeared on pirate site removed page with my photos. I post the design to share with others modellers, but I would have liked to ask me.

elliott
08-06-2015, 10:29 AM
And to conclude - thank you for asking. We would prefer you to PM a moderator or admin with your question. When you post it publicly, esp. with a link, it's out there for any unscrupulous member to check out for themselves. Then we have to clean up after you, deleting the links and such. Pain in the rear for everyone. sorry- got off track there. We will check out the site if it's unknown to us (most are well known) and get back to you in a PM. In short, ask privately and we'll respond in kind. Thank you.

N96HBK
08-06-2015, 01:42 PM
Thank you elliot for removing the pirate site. :)
We must stop piracy. Now I'm scared to design anything. Thanks to everyone for the information, this really helps me.

N96HBK
08-06-2015, 01:55 PM
Sorry I wrote down the site, I couldn't think of a way to explain the site.

elliott
08-06-2015, 03:15 PM
Check your PMs Dong-Woo :)

robertesters
08-06-2015, 03:44 PM
i noticed the model i designed was posted on other sites within a week of being posted here too. i always assume what ever i put online will be ripped off. at least that way when it is im not so mad. the only sites my model should be on are this one and fructos1 old site if you see it any where else i didnt athorize it

at6
08-06-2015, 06:35 PM
Now I'm worried about downloading anything from any site other than here. I don't know much if anything about sharing files and really don't care to learn how.

elliott
08-06-2015, 06:48 PM
If you have any question about a particular model or website just PM any moderator or Rickstef and we'll be happy to check it out for you and let you know by PM. I can certainly understand your confusion. Don't despair! There are hundreds, if not thousands, of free models out there on the web that are perfectly legit.

N96HBK
08-07-2015, 09:48 AM
Check your PMs Dong-Woo :)
I did, thanks. I used to contact 3Turner a lot, because he gave me all the important information. One day, the sites should be down.....

Loui
08-07-2015, 11:43 AM
..and I said it again... Thank Youu for all the Moderators, Admin, members here... you're all doing A Great n Good job for our hobby, especially paper modeling. Thank you, Thank you.

kahoody
08-07-2015, 10:52 PM
..and I said it again... Thank Youu for all the Moderators, Admin, members here... you're all doing A Great n Good job for our hobby, especially paper modeling. Thank you, Thank you.

Hear, hear!:)

N96HBK
08-08-2015, 03:04 AM

My words: Thank you EVERYONE for helping me be a better modeler!:)