PDA

View Full Version : eCardmodels' Heinkel 51...(by Marek)

Wily
08-29-2009, 08:36 AM
Well, I started "eCardmodels" He-51 last night - the one in the mottled Spanish Civil War markings.

http://homepage.mac.com/wily1/.Pictures/He51tail.jpg

So far, it looks like a WONDERFUL kit! The detail is good...coloring is nice...except for on the tail.

The photo above shows the build of how the fuselage turtle-deck ramps into the vertical tail assembly. Rather clever design, but...I see the camo doesn't match on some of the pieces.

Look at the two joined pieces on the far left...then the next set on the right - the camo pattern between the first two and the second two doesn't match.

Anyone else have this kit? Did I fubar?

cgutzmer
08-29-2009, 10:46 AM
glad you are starting this! Hope someone can answer your question :)
Chris

Wily
08-29-2009, 10:51 AM
So far, I'm just working on the tail...

But, I'm impressed with the design. "Fit and Finish" of a kit is mercurial - so much depends on the builder. But, if the rest of the kit is as what I've experienced, I think the He-51 would be a rewarding build for all but the very beginner.

shrike
08-29-2009, 12:33 PM
I built this one quite a while back, and I'm not sure but it looks like you may have flipped the first two segments aft of the turtledck. Mine has no discontinuities in the camo around the tail.

Wily
08-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Uh.

I'm an idiot.

Shrike is right.

Move along, nothing to see here...nice and easy...

LOOK! OVER THERE! A LEPRECHAUN!! CATCH HIM!!

shrike
08-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Eh, it happens

Don Boose
08-29-2009, 01:00 PM
That was a nice beginning to this model that I didn't see.

I look forward to the actual build now that the testing phase is completed.

Gosh, I'm sure glad I'VE never done that -- except for the backwards cowlings on my Horrible Hampden and . . . . .

Don

bob neill
08-30-2009, 08:21 AM
In the Marek Marathon: Heinkel He-51W (1/33) (http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/marek-marathon/3419-marek-marathon-heinkel-he-51w-1-33-a.html) I sent a few photo's of my attempt. Does this add to the confusion??

bob neill