PDA

View Full Version : My Blohm und Voss P.212 Kit Bash

Paperwarrior
09-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Greetings,

First, I need to acknowledge a few folks here. Paragon models for their free kit of a B&V 212 that inspired me. Also, I used a Fiddler's Green Huckebein for engine parts, landing gear, wheel wells and the cockpit seat. I also used FG's stand for the original P.212 model. I used most of the cockpit parts from a TaiPaperworks He P.1078c I got from ECardmodels. Thanks to all. :)

I thought I'd take a minute to present my latest project. It is a Blohm und Voss P.212.03. I had a few issues making the wheel wells look right...maybe next time. :o I plan to place a couple of air to air missiles (X-4s) on rails as soon as I can figure out how I want to make them. :confused: I took liberty with the canopy opening method. :eek: I never could find any references, plans or drawings showing how they planned to open it. So, since I used clear plastic from a document protector I had to opt for the easiest method...slide back.

Oh well, for a "quick" build I guess it looks okay. The P.212 on the stand is the original model from Paragon as it comes.

Hope this attachment thing works as I am technology challenged. :eek:

BARX2
09-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Very nice! Great ideas and a really nice build. :)

cjwalas
09-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Love it! The additional work really adds a lot to the model.
Chris

Dragos
09-03-2009, 10:43 AM
For me it's interesting the combination of pieces from different designers. Good job!

Paperwarrior
09-09-2009, 04:20 AM
Thanks to all. Appreciate the comments. Sometimes I like to see if I can improve on a kit in order to bring out special details. Again, thanks.

gomidefilho
09-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Very interesting kitbash uncommon in paper modeling... Great work!!!!

Papercut
09-11-2009, 07:55 PM
I am a old modeler from the old school, and to see someone kit bashing in paper does this ole fella good. I like what you did and I hope to see more from you.:cool:Rick