PDA

View Full Version : Ki-61 Hien from bestpapermodels

dell_zantoz
10-27-2009, 11:20 PM
Just want to post some pictures of my almost finished Japanese Hien. A friend gave it to me as a gift to get wind under my wings, sort of. I was impressed with the quality of the kit and the construction of the model is not complicated at all. I do have to run a length of paper clip for the landing gear strut, but it made for a more solid base for the airplane to sit on. Hats off to the manufacturer and I swear this is not the last airplane from their line that I will be building.

Don Boose
10-28-2009, 04:10 AM
Nice job! I'm always ready to see models of Japanese aircraft.

I've never ordered from them, but Best Paper Model has some interesting models in their line up, including some amphibious vehicles and Ki-61s and A6Ms in various markings. Your Hien makes me want to send in an order.

Don

grendel
10-28-2009, 07:28 AM
Does anyone know whats up with BPM site. I've had a shopping cart there for a month trying to check out. I get "invalid PayPal certificate". Its not my account I have purchased from Ecardmodels since. I tried filling out the contact form with no response. I really want that unique Spitfire and desert 190.

GreMir
10-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Guys,
You might want to take a look here http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/found-internet/2781-www-bestpapermodels-com.html before you send any money....

Don Boose
10-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Guess I will wait until the problems get sorted out. Too bad. Lots of neat models.

Does anybody have any actual contact with the folks who run BPM and can ask them directly what's up?

Don

dell_zantoz
11-04-2009, 01:45 AM
Just recently completed my Japanese Hien. My first aircraft but I have made a lot of mistakes that I can learn from. I'll do better on my next project, the FW-190 A-3 Trop. As you can see from the the left side of the picture, I have already started on the 190. The Hien is a real beauty so I recommend this to any Japanese or WW2 aircraft afficionados.

Don Boose
11-04-2009, 05:28 AM
You did an outstanding job on our model of this famous airplane. Thanks for sharing this excellent build and your helpful comments on the quality of the kit.

Don