PDA

View Full Version : Curtiss P-40 Tomahawk

chiawatkom
10-28-2009, 04:32 AM
Dear all,

Just for fun!

Opp! Almost forget to tell your people that the propeller is ROTATABLE!!!! :eek:

shawnr5
10-28-2009, 05:06 AM
Great job. Do you start with little tiny designs or scale down bigger ones?

marksolo
10-28-2009, 08:48 AM
nice little bird,

i think it is very smart to reduce the number of rays on the chinese nationalist symbol from 12 to 9 to preserve the details.

simply beautiful

chiawatkom
10-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Dear Shawnr 5,

Actually, I reduce the size from a huge 3 d then try my best to find the connecting spot. Separate it into parts that simply sensible even for little kids. The most eldest student was an RTAF retired general and the youngest kid is 5 year olds. They successfully made it.

For Marksolo, I am a bit busy for adjusting this type of retouching but may consider with your kind recommendation. Thank you.

marksolo
10-28-2009, 02:44 PM
There is no need to make any changes. The important thing is to let as many kids enjoy as many your models as possible.

If some one wants an accurate 12 ray star, he can do so himself.

Good job.

I can't believe a nine year old made that P40 though. That is simply amazing.

chiawatkom
10-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Dear Marksolo,

He is five years old boys. At the first time, I also could not beilieve my eye, ear, and soul!

marksolo
10-28-2009, 08:12 PM
five year old first build?

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

chiawatkom
10-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Dear Marksolo,

why did you have the same feeling when I experienced this amazing training. He is, down syndrom, quite energetic, over reaction, abnormal behavior and having a little mental disorientation. I was shock again when I saw his Missile launcher, probably, SAM guildline exhibiting once at the Royal Thai Air Force museum. There were many amazing that I experienced from my almost thirty years training for paper aircraft training.

Unbelievable Huh? Someday I will show you in the US.

Chaiwat

marksolo
10-28-2009, 09:55 PM
fascinating.

you are 40 years old, and you been training others to build for almost 30 years? that's like you been teaching papercraft since you are just over 10 year old

that would make you the best kept secret in the paper modeling world!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

marksolo
10-28-2009, 10:28 PM
and when are you coming to the US? are you here to help children with down syndrome? are you a doctor?

Getter 1
10-28-2009, 10:28 PM
Chiawatkom,

Fantastic builds you've shown us so far :D

Glad yo found us here and keep showing us these wonderful models :D

BTW, I love those Skyraiders you got int he 1st pic ;)

G1

marksolo
10-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Chiawatkom,

and I apologize if I seem to ask too many questions,

i am still trying to understand all these,

i was simply 'shocked and awed'

(and i have many many more questions..............:confused::confused::confus ed::confused:)

chiawatkom
10-29-2009, 04:29 AM
Dear Marksolo,

O.K. I understand your point, but always keep in your mind that English is my second language, therefore there might be misunderstanding somtime but I will try my best to make thing clear. I emprasize again, my English is broken American English.

I am 41 years old and started invention of paper model after the failure of the vegetable aircraft invention, then I tried other simple material such as wood, metal, then the paper. Then when I was around 12 year old, the first F-5 was successfully made (Please do not ask me this popular TV show question as same as we did on air on TV, where is your first model? The simple answer is it must gone with my mom garbage bin). Yes, I train scrath build models, which I will show that remaining stuff later, for my neibours and we had fun. Many airplanes were successfully incredible sold out. In an air show, we made a big money for only a few hour. Gripen International, Swedish FMV purchased 50 Gripen D for the company's collection in 2005. This made my country shocked with this news and become many TV show. Presently, Gripen become the replacement fleet for Wing 7.

For that hyperactive kid, I am not a doctor but experienced the potential of kids by accident. Some kid today successfully become a fighter pilot in RTAF, or some are student pilot. That kid shocked everyone how abnormal smart he WAS when he was 5 years old. Presently, he should be 7-8 years old.

I am a lawyer but love the aviation so that the reason why I love airplane.

I think I should work only with airplane not the TANK.

Probably, I will join the next convention. Thank you.

Chaiwat Kosatanakom

marksolo
10-29-2009, 08:56 AM
Chiatwatkom:

Your english is good enough. Thanks for the explanation. Now everything makes more sense.

I agree with you about kids potentials. I think in general today's education fails our children in many ways, and that is the true in every country. Children are really capable of alot more than what we allow them to do.

Eventhough I am more interested in planes, I think a lot of people will be disappointed if you dont continue with your tank line. :)

You have enough models to start your own convention any time :D

Mark

chiawatkom
10-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Dear Marksolo,

I sent you a friend request but it told me it's pending.

Thank you for the convention but everytime I made it, even with RTAF, my models always flew aways and never come back. Unitl today, I decided to exhibit in specific place and god help me, here is my heaven on earth.

Let see more my updated in many place. Thanks again for your kind advice because soon I will start to make M-1 Abham tank, M-2, and the Merk.

chiawatkom
11-12-2009, 05:31 PM
I wish this download must succeed. Thank you for Ashrunner, Airdave, Texman, Ricktef, Cmags for their help and we have this first PDF. file free download for our paper modelers.com community.

Cheer!!!

cMags
11-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Excellent! Very well done. And there's a whole wing of 'em, 5 Tigersharks all in one. Graphics are nice crisp vector line drawing, will allow for repaints or build and hand paint. And you got it down to 90kb. Much better than the crazy headache size you were worried about.

You could probably attach this to the Downloads section under Aviation without problem now.

Thanks again!

chiawatkom
11-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Dear Cmags,

I have to thank s all your guys for helping me solving this headache.

The download for the patterns will come step by step!

Thank you Cmags.

Chaiwat