PDA

View Full Version : American warbirds during the Vietnam V US conflict in 1/200

chiawatkom
10-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Dear all,

Some member asked for the Thuds, so I think it would be better if I pose this series for your fun!!!! :D

Let see Thuds, Phantom, the MiGs, the Bombers, etc.... here we are...:eek:

Have a nice day!!!:)

Chaiwat Kosatanakom
Bangkok Thailand

chiawatkom
10-28-2009, 11:10 AM
O.K. Just warming up your nut, here we go!!! :eek::eek::eek:

willygoat
10-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Wowee!!! This has to be the widest range of aircraft types I've ever seen in one spot. There's the F-104, all of the Thuds, a Cessna Bird Dog, even an AT-37 Tweet!!!!! Thank you sooooooo much for sharing. I se you made it to television as well. Very nice :D

whulsey
10-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Wow, in 1/200. Those are excellent. How do you guys build those little things? I'm almost having to get a macro setting on my glasses to even see them good.

30-06
10-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you design all these - nice!!!!
'06

chiawatkom
10-28-2009, 12:37 PM
O.K. dear all,

Before going to the bed, I wish you will be happy and tomorrow when I wake up, I just want to read any comment from any Vietnam veteran (Both US & NVA ) or any experienced pilot so I will be more impressive with their real experience over the Vietnam.

O.K. we proceed! ;)

airdave
10-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Most of your aircraft have a heavily weathered look...is this intentional or the result of the size? printing? painted effect?

I think they all look great, but I noticed the weathered effect seemed to be repeated on most planes and creates a very realistic, but battle worn look.

chiawatkom
10-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Dear Airdave,

It's paper model which we imitate almost every technique from the plastic model kit.

SAME.....SAME :p

peter taft
10-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Chaiwat.... One word to describe YOU and YOUR models:
AWESOME !

chiawatkom
10-28-2009, 06:14 PM
North American F-100 Super Sabre

I cant't miss this favorite one, sorry. :rolleyes:

redhorse
10-28-2009, 06:20 PM
I don't type as loudly as Peter, but I'm glad he does. And, he's absolutely correct - you and your models are awesome!!!

CMDRTED
10-28-2009, 06:21 PM
fantastic models! When are you going to release these little gems? I have an entire carrier force planned that will house these little gems quite well!

chiawatkom
10-29-2009, 06:22 AM
B-52 is coming tonight!

Dear all,

B-52 will come for temporary visit this page, please wait for a while.

Find you shelter!!!!!!!

chiawatkom
10-29-2009, 08:18 AM
As promise, it's coming!!!!!!!!! :eek:

For the Herks, please carefully beware of the ramp due to a jeep is coming out.....:eek:

The last photo is the burnt wreck of a V-150 Commando that was destroy in a battle, probably, almost ten years ago. This is an example to prove that paper model is incredible tough!!!!:D

Ashrunner
10-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Ahhh...the BUFF. Nothing better than a B-52 model. Can't have enough of them 8v)

peter taft
10-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Ahhh...the BUFF. Nothing better than a B-52 model. Can't have enough of them 8v)

Chiawatkom has just hit the BIG BUTTON marked ASHRUNNER and PETER TAFT - i have lost count of how many times i have said this.... but that's THE BEST PLANE EVER and soooooo pleased it's amongst your many delightful builds Chiawatkom - NICE ;)

Dyna-Soar
10-29-2009, 08:23 PM
My chin is getting rugburn from my jaw laying on the floor.

chiawatkom
10-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Dear Ashrunner,

Thank you for your visiting, a moment ago, I got this picture. It was stealthy! :eek:

Wily
10-29-2009, 11:37 PM
These little airplanes are very cool. :) Thank you for posting your craftsmanship. <S>

chiawatkom
10-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Dear Wily,

It will be cooler if you could please give me WW II experience and your point of view so we will be more pleased with your kind visit. I believe that you had good experience to share, please. :)

Love,

Chaiwat

Ashrunner
10-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Dear Ashrunner,

Thank you for your visiting, a moment ago, I got this picture. It was stealthy! :eek:

Very nice Spirit model. Big, jet bombers are great...some of the prop versions aren't so bad either 8v)

A number of years ago, I was on the balcony of my apartment watching the last of the daylight fade behind the mountains to my west. My nephew was with me and we were talking when I noticed something appear above the mountains, heading east.

I knew it was an aircraft, but what type I wasn't sure, as it looked a bit strange. As it neared I could see it was two aircraft...one a tanker, evident by the director's lights on the underside. Based on the silhouette shape, I decided it was a KC-135.

But what really got me was this: there was a B-2 Spirit attached to the boom, flying in tandem with the tanker. The pair couldn't have been much more than 5,000 feet altitude as they passed overhead on their east-bound run.

After the pair passed out of sight, my nephew asked me what that was. I told him which aircraft they were and what I figured was going on. The two aircraft must have been heading to Mountain Home AFB, near Boise, Idaho. It was the nearest base on its flight path. I also assumed the B-2 had an in-flight emergency and was using the tanker as an assist to keep flying.

I watched the news and kept my eye on Air Force reports for a long time after the incident to find out more, but never heard anything. The use of a tanker to assist an aircraft to return to base is not unheard of. It happened once that I know of when an F-105 was able to connect with a tanker during the Vietnam War and with the help of the tanker, make it back to its base in Thailand.

But back the model. Very well done, Chiawatkom.

chiawatkom
10-30-2009, 06:53 PM
Dear Ashrunner,

Thank you very much for this valuable sharing.

I was a little shaking when I read this comment. Very impressive explanation. :)

Thank again Ashrunner.

Chaiwat Kosatanakom

chiawatkom
10-31-2009, 06:07 PM
Mcdonnell Douglas F-101 Voodoo takes a shot visit over this article.........:eek:

chiawatkom
11-01-2009, 06:56 AM
Boeing B-52 D Startofortress of 56-0676 307th strateguc wing at U-Tapao AB, and during the linebacker II mission, this bomber was the first downed a mig during an air-to-air combat by its tail gunner.

This number 3 of my Boeing B-52 production line which scale down to 1/200 which Ashrunner told me an impressive story of the B-52 crew. This model is made for remind of many stories of the bomeber sortie for missions.

"Fighter pilot make a movie, bomber pilot make a history"

Stormeagle
11-03-2009, 09:02 AM
O.K. Just warming up your nut, here we go!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Chiawatkom, I definitely must have that A37 plan.......This is the only tweety bird I have seen in paper in any scale!!!

I would very much like to repaint this into a Hellenic Air Force T-37 trainer....

Pleaaaaase!!!!

PS. Of course I would also like to have your permission to repaint these masterpieces...

Thank you!!!

Werner Smuts
11-04-2009, 02:27 AM
unbelieveable!!!!!!!!

chiawatkom
11-04-2009, 02:31 AM
Dear Stromeagle,

I am considering of how many type of aircraft that should be provide here for free download.

Generally, in Thailand, this type of activity is educational program for kids due to it enable children to use hand and develop their skill therefore children over 50000 persons had learned how to make these paper models.

We have an exemption clause for copyrights law enforcement here in Thailand but not apply to oversea laws therefore I must take good care of violation of the aircraft maufactruer reserved rights.

Thank you.

Chaiwat Kosatanakom

Stormeagle
11-04-2009, 04:04 AM
In Greece there is actually no law enforcement for copyrights. However, for our hobby, there is always the need to have the permission of the original designer (meaning you), for any repaint ar alteration and also the commitment that for any such altered model there should allways be a reference and given credit to the original designer.

Either than that, I do not believe that you need a permission from Lockheed to design and build a paper F-16....

chiawatkom
11-06-2009, 03:56 AM
Dear Stromeagle,

In Thailand, we have clear legal enforcement over this type of activity,of course, this activity is for children education. However,there were many people took advantage frommy design and some stole the whole design for resale (What's ugly they are!) Certainly, kids are crazy of this stuff and will of course pay for this plan.

I think we take sometime becauise soon I will release some parts of my knowledge for your paper modelrs around the world. I wish that Lovkheed will not do something funny otherwise you will see kids hanging anti-Lockheed signboard in front of US. embassy to Thailand and they will lost their sale in this country, Not a good idea,huh?

Stormeagle
11-06-2009, 06:11 AM
Well chiawat,

while waiting for you to get ready to release some of your knowledge and models to the rest of the world, I tried to shortlist the models I 've seen to your threads.

My list is soooo easy! I just want ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!:):):)

silveroxide
11-06-2009, 09:10 AM
You are very prolific in your designs and in the construction of your models. I have not seen any naval vessels yet but what you have shared with us is very impressive. That Skyraider (Sandy) was the most welcome sight in the field for close air support. They help many an American soldier come home with their supporting fire, especially our recon LRRP teams. Are there any C-130s or 123 in your list, I may have missed them in the crowd? With a little bit more detail, you can have a good representation of Than Su Nhut air base. (It has been a long time, I think that is how you spell it).

Disregard the C-130, just found it. Do you have a camouflage version? Add the C-119 flying boxcar to your list. It was a common bird in Indo China in the late 50s and early 60s. I made my first parachute jumps out of this bird.

chiawatkom
11-07-2009, 08:01 AM
You are very prolific in your designs and in the construction of your models. I have not seen any naval vessels yet but what you have shared with us is very impressive. That Skyraider (Sandy) was the most welcome sight in the field for close air support. They help many an American soldier come home with their supporting fire, especially our recon LRRP teams. Are there any C-130s or 123 in your list, I may have missed them in the crowd? With a little bit more detail, you can have a good representation of Than Su Nhut air base. (It has been a long time, I think that is how you spell it).

Disregard the C-130, just found it. Do you have a camouflage version? Add the C-119 flying boxcar to your list. It was a common bird in Indo China in the late 50s and early 60s. I made my first parachute jumps out of this bird.

Thank you for sharing this valuable data, I am quite impressive with your kind comment.

Actually, as your might vist all my posted thread, you might notice how veriety of aircrafts that I produced and available for future free download, however, I promise that I will not violate to anyone copyrights or patent unless they are public domain.

Just discussed today with Lockheed regional representative and Communication team of SAAB Gripen International for free download of the patterns. They are pleased to provide your folks for this fun activity and aviation education for international kids and all global paper modelers. PLEASE WAIT.

My home computer is down and need urgent fixxing, GODDA>>>> MM YOU TRUE CORPORATION internet service provider that your service is suck! :mad:

chiawatkom
11-22-2009, 08:37 AM
Dear all,

I am planning to make the air america aircrafts but I do not know much about their airplanes, any website available or any recommendation?

Thank you in advance.

Chaiwat

chiawatkom
11-19-2010, 08:44 AM
More US aircrafts during the conflict.

hawkman67
11-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Chiawat, loving all the models once again!! you just amaze me more every day!! I really can't wait for your book, and to get my hands on the O-2 Skymaster and Skycrane models...one of your avid fans:)
Jeff

Ashrunner
11-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi Jack

One of the best things about looking at your images is the memories it brings back for me.

During my days assigned to the "Working Aircraft Museum" as The Colonel once referred to Elmendorf AFB, I refueled each U.S. aircraft type you show in this thread. There's a number of other aircraft you haven't modeled on that list, but the ones shown here I gassed up only a couple of times.

Thanks again for the memories via your wonderful models.

ninepaper
10-09-2011, 09:48 PM
เรียน คุณchiawatkom

คุณมีเเบบแผนล้อ ของf-22 raptor เเละ mig21-mf บ้างหรือไม่ครับ

ถ้ามี กรุณาโพสต์ตอบด้วยนะครับ

ขอขอบคุณล่วงหน้า ณ ที่นี้ครับ

en

dear chiawatkom

do you have any papermodel wheel for f-22 and mig21-mf

if you have some answer my post

thankyou

charleswlkr54
10-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Ashrunner, I one had the pearue of looking out of the window of an airliner i was on (Going to Ft. Riley and the 1st Inf. Div!) and seeing below us a SR-71 being refueled by a KC-135. And I liked near Fresno California when radio Station KMJ and one of their hostrs, Ray Appleton, were involved with re-enacting the Doolittle Raid (they stopped doing it the year after Gen. Doolittle passed away) and was outside when a flight of 4 B-25's came over. Man, was that something! Cmar to attention and saluted, too!

chiawatkom
10-11-2011, 06:57 AM
เรียน คุณchiawatkom

คุณมีเเบบแผนล้อ ของf-22 raptor เเละ mig21-mf บ้างหรือไม่ครับ

ถ้ามี กรุณาโพสต์ตอบด้วยนะครับ

ขอขอบคุณล่วงหน้า ณ ที่นี้ครับ

en

dear chiawatkom

do you have any papermodel wheel for f-22 and mig21-mf

if you have some answer my post

thankyou

The paper model team brought a house for establishing a school for kids to learn how to make the paper model airplanes. It locates at Saimai, Bangkok, beside the Don Muang air base.

At the paper model museum, you will enjoy all type of my paper design anfd have fun with our trainer who will teach you how to make the paper model, of course, my style.