PDA

View Full Version : FGMM prize...

Chip Fyn
04-08-2010, 02:56 PM
I've been meaning to post a message here for quite a while but it seems the day keeps running out on me..

This FGMM contest is about the kindest thing that's happened to FG and I'm absolutely flattered..I don't know what the prize arrangements are, but if the contest rules allow, FG would like to award the entire collection (AC & Buildings) to each of the first, second, and third award winners.

Our Modeln' Pals sent in a TON of emails concerning the pirate problem I posted on our home page a month or so ago. As a result, we're in the middle of creating an e-commerce program that should out-slick the rascals at their own game. More later

Again, thanks guys..
There's no one more fun than a cardmodeler.

chip
Fiddlersgreen.net

cgutzmer
04-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Hey Chip! I am sure that will be fine :) I fronted a prize as did a couple others as I recall :) your generous prizes should really give teh contest a kick in the pants!

Cant wait to see what you are working on to foil the pirates :)
Chris

cjwalas
04-08-2010, 04:33 PM
That's wonderful, Chip. And I'm sure everyone here is likewise interested in your plans for beating the pirates!
Chris

B-Manic
04-08-2010, 05:03 PM
That's very generous of you Chip. I might just enter something :)

ct ertz
04-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Hay Chip,
your models are great. I have been doing quite a few lately, learning to add details like clear canopies add so on, and my 11 year old is working on a Grumman Skyrocket, and my 6 year old is working on a repaint of your Texan. Kind of nice that there is something for everyone, some time with the same model! As you can see from the many threads here that may of the modelers here have the skills to take your models to the extreme, or build them stock but in a great clean fashion. I am not there yet, but working on it. Your models got me into plane building, my ME-109 being on of the three free ones I got as a new customer. It has been so much fun. I know many of the modelers here started with Fiddler's Green airplanes as well, and we all seem to stop back by! This contest has been a blast, and will continue to be fun. I can hardly wait to see the next round of entries!

CT

mchale
04-08-2010, 06:32 PM
that is a nice great offer chip i am going to get my butt in gear

Knife
04-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Chip, is there any way to make the models less attractive to cats? Mine just ate the Pogo I was building for the contest. :mad:

cgutzmer
04-08-2010, 07:08 PM
sure there is! make a model of a mean dog and put it next to your model ;)

willygoat
04-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the add in Chip!!!! I've been working on your stuff for years now, almost exclusively. I think the ultimate prize was the kick in the butt I need to charge on with my build.

Great to have you checking on things over here too :D

BARX2
04-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Chip, is there any way to make the models less attractive to cats? Mine just ate the Pogo I was building for the contest. :mad:

The critter took a fancy to my B-29 - twice. This is after I repaired the antenna wires she broke!

SJPONeill
04-08-2010, 07:48 PM

Try putting a mothball inside or near the model - we put mothballs on our indoor plants to top the cat 'using' them and it works a treat - she won't go near them...

lepercan
04-08-2010, 08:36 PM
make sure the model is dry; then dust it with cayenne.

cgutzmer
04-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Try putting a mothball inside or near the model - we put mothballs on our indoor plants to top the cat 'using' them and it works a treat - she won't go near them...

ooooh really??? cool! thanks for the tip :) tried cayenne to resolve a peeing issue a couple years back and it made spicy pee puddles ;) heh heh

birder
04-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Hi Chip!! Nice to hear from you and many guys here enjoy building your models, (including me of course:p) Best wishes to you and thanks for the nice offer that will sweeten the pot as well..

KCStephens
04-09-2010, 08:39 AM
WOW! Holy Cow Chip!...That's an AWESOME PRIZE PACKAGE!:eek:

THANKS FOR YOUR GENEROSITY!

And...Best-o-luck with those nasty swashbuckl'n pirates!.....gosh darn good for nuthen no good crooks....&#*@^$@&(.......

jagolden01
04-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Very generous prize!, Chip!

gomidefilho
04-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Chip

You work and generosity is awesome. For me is a honor be your customer.

silveroxide
04-09-2010, 09:28 AM
A while back my freebie Gatling gun was pirated. Someone sent me the web site and when I found my model, I had to smile. There were no instructions on how to build it. The build thread is here and if you want to build it, you have to come to this website to follow the build thread and be able to build it. My Gatling gun is not user friendly and you have to know the different weight of paper, the folding and rolling techniques and where every part goes. This is an extreme method but I believe effective.

Tapcho
04-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Great addition to prizes. Thanks and let the modeling madness go on!

airdave
04-09-2010, 12:39 PM
all I know is, somehow I have found time between 32 other projects, to build three FG kits!! (yes, I have another one started!)
...for this to happen, there has to be something pretty special going on here!

And for me, its pretty cool to be working with Chris' (ecardmodels) products
and now to connect with FG products!...I hope we continue to see more distributors coming together like this, in one place and working side by side towards the same goal.

and for us lowly builders to support these guys along the way!

I'm glad to be part of the bunch.
Thanks to Chris for his original prize offerings
and thanks to Chip for upping the ante!

ashevilleangler
04-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Kudos to Chip for his prize offerings! I built a few of the post card models back in the day and still enjoy them now. It's also very nice to see how this community has embraced the current contest. I think that it's setting a record for numbers of build threads and that's just great.

Curt.

Alcides
04-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Chips thank you very much for your generosity. I started this hobby thanks your models so I'll be always grateful.

Silveroxide your method is only applicable for a private model with reduced distribution for a commercial model you need the instructions. If I buy a model I want the instructions.

TheSarge
07-22-2010, 08:59 AM
Chip,

I got started in paper modelling thanks to you and the need to decorate for our 2003 Dining Out (1940's style "Wing Ding"). I have no idea where all of the pictures went, but thanks to team of scissor-challenged volunteers we build and suspended 88 WW-II aircraft from the Lackland AFB Gateway Club ceiling.

I've since build and presented your models as going-away gifts for both my troops and commanders, especially Joe Cangero's World Trade Center. I must've built that stupid thing over 20 times by now. The two most notable builds are the 3' tall (poster board) build on display in our "Heritage Hallway," and one I did several deployments ago that resides in the commander's conference room at the Combined Air and Space Operations Center in sunny Southwest Asia.

I've even made grown men cry with your models! First was when a commander of mine retired in 2006, and I presented him with 1/24 scale versions of the Tuskeegee P-51 Mustangs (pictures on your P-51 collection page https://www.fiddlersgreen.net/models/aircraft/North-American-P51-Collection.html). In 2008, I built the Portland Head lighthouse to go along with a motivational poster on Vision (Wallsthatspeak.com Inspirational Posters Vision Lighthouse Motivational Poster (http://www.wallsthatspeak.com/product/VISION_BEACON/Vision-Lighthouse-Motivational-Poster.html)) we presented to our chaplain, a Vietnam veteran and all-around REALLY great guy, when he retired. Both he and his wife cried.

I've repainted several models and on several occasions I've attempted to complete entire designs, but as soon as I get about halfway done something comes up and I'm gone. My OA-37 dragonfly died with a hard drive a few years ago, and I'm still not happy with my progress in the C-130 series. I haven't quit, but they've been sitting awhile.

I hope to be able to get back to building, modifying, ugrading and designing again soon. That is, provided that I don't have to go on another "extended vacation."

I'm glad to see that everyone else thinks of you as fondly as I have since the first day I stumbled onto your site. Even my forum name came from you, since you are the first person I let call me "Sarge." You meant it with respect, and we here have nothing but that for you.

Thanks and blessing to you, Annie, and all your westies!

Edward Merica
"The Sarge"

Chip Fyn
07-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Sarge,
Thanks for that nice posting old pal.

I'm wondering if I have your latest email addresss..
Could you please shot me an email to be sure?

Sarge, I'd love to pick your brains about how to get free downloadable cardmodels to hospitalized vets. We tried a couple years ago but immediately saw the project needed a lot more focused effort than I alone could provide. Perhaps there are a few forum members with a little time to donate to this noble cause ??

I'm pretty confident that most designers would offer their models as well. And it sure would help this great hobby of cardmodeling, IMHO

Chip

Annie, Westies (all two of 'em) are doing great.. thanks

TheSarge
07-23-2010, 10:40 AM
You know I'm in San Antonio, right? Brooks Army Medical Center is 20 minues away from my house! I just finished a fund-raiser in May for Operation Comfort, where we raised money to help disabled vets complete a Ford Shelby Cobra (replica) kit car. It's sweeeeeet!!

So, to see this...

Sarge,
Sarge, I'd love to pick your brains about how to get free downloadable cardmodels to hospitalized vets. We tried a couple years ago but immediately saw the project needed a lot more focused effort than I alone could provide. Perhaps there are a few forum members with a little time to donate to this noble cause ??

Lemme call the Operation Comfort folks back, and I'll set you up with a direct line. I think I can even get the Security Hill Top-III to send me out to buy scissors (Fiskars fine sewing are great), glue, card stock and Sharpies.

I'll email you my updated contact info.

Thanks!

mbauer
07-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Hi Chip,

Just read this thread for the first time.

Sure is good to hear you have a plan to out maneuver the crooks!

Like some of the others, I have you to THANK for getting started in this great hobby!

If it hadn't been for your models, I wouldn't have met and found such a great bunch of modelers here!!!

Thank you!!

Best regards,
Mike Bauer

Don Boose
07-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Let me add my thanks for your immense contribution to the craft over the years, Chip, and for your friendship and generosity.

Hope we will see you in October at the International Paper Model Convention in Sterling,Virginia, near Dulles Airport, 22-24 October.
http://www.ipmc-info.org/
http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/museums-air-shows-events-get-togethers/6052-2010-international-paper-model-convention-2.html

Always lots of FG models and modelers there!

Don