PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 12-30-2010, 11:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Perry's M1 U.S. Armored Car 1938

I actually got a few hours to spend on model building. Fortunately Perry just released his latest interwars armor model. A great building experience with very good fit by the way. Here are some pix as I know Don is anxiously waiting to see them . . .
Attached Thumbnails
Perry's M1 U.S. Armored Car 1938-perry-1.jpg   Perry's M1 U.S. Armored Car 1938-perry-2.jpg   Perry's M1 U.S. Armored Car 1938-perry-3.jpg   Perry's M1 U.S. Armored Car 1938-perry-4.jpg   Perry's M1 U.S. Armored Car 1938-perry-5.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 12-30-2010, 11:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
It's absolutely beautiful, Douglas! Looks great next to the Vickers Medium.

Am in the office trying to get ready for an on-line forum that begins 10 January, but hope to get back to work on my models soon, as well as the U.S. Army interwar mechanization writing projects. Your M1 armored car is an incentive (and as a veteran of the 1st Cavalry Division, I always like to see a vehicle in 1st Cav markings).

Don
Old 12-30-2010, 12:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Looks good .
You guys are convincing me to give a try to Perry's models someday. Seriously.
Subject-wise Perry brings a lot of freshness into this segment of modeling.
Thanks for sharing!

"None so blind as those that will not see"
Old 12-30-2010, 05:46 PM

Thank-you Don, Tomasz. I too find Perry's designs refreshing. They are also ideal for kitbashing.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:51 PM
Banned

Really nice job! I have just printed it out. My son (11 years old yesterday) and I are going to build it tomorrow and your pictures will be a perfect reference. Thanks!
Google Adsense
Old 01-21-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
Really nice job! I have just printed it out. My son (11 years old yesterday) and I are going to build it tomorrow and your pictures will be a perfect reference. Thanks!
So how did the build go with your son - pictures required
Old 01-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Banned

I really hate Wii. My wife insisted on getting a Wii and it has taken most of the Month of January away. My son has been sick most of this the last week, with some bug he got at school (because God forbid a parent miss a day of work, they send they really sick kids to school, miss work anyways, and get everyone else sick).

It is printed out though. I printed a couple of them, with the intent of raising up some details and it is next on the list. My son's interest in Wii has dropped off, (just like I told my wife it would). He prefers the computer as the Space/flying games he plays (Babylon 5 I've Found her, The Babylon Project FS2002/4, X-Plane) model real world physics better. He has also decided that Beethoven's "Allegro, Music for A Musical Clock Violin" Violin duet, that I have been teaching myself, sounds "cool" and is now trying to play it with me (He has just turned 11 years old, Dec. 29th). The model will be the next one I build

However, I find myself eating my own words about purchased models, as a work of art has just been given to me. I will elaborate in another thread.

Thanks for asking!! Perry's M1 is a beauty!!