PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 01-14-2011, 05:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to AVR
Austin-Putilov

Last Friday I wrote about this model in a wrong topic after saying Hello. Now I’m correcting my mistake.

So, here is a photo of AC Austin-Putilov, early production (without headlights and tools set panel at the starboard) :

And the last photo of the model from last Friday:

-----------

This model is the first small model for me which has springs outside its body. The first version of the model had back springs glued like a boxes. But they had awful view. This time back springs made the same way as they made for the model of Ya-3 or AMO. Due to small size, I used template for correct assembling.

Here are back bridge and the driveshaft. Usage of laser printer became not very good idea: despite of settings for paper density, paint flakes from small parts.

Springs, back bridge and the driveshaft glued to their places.

And the last photo today:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Google Adsense
Old 01-14-2011, 07:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Very nice, which kit is it from?
Old 01-14-2011, 08:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 190.42 MB
Hi Andriy:
I follow your site for a while and I really like yor work. Original models and a good data base.
This is a new model and I guess it will be in 1/43 as the other models you designed and kindly offer to the comunity.
All from paper
I haven't built yet any of your models as I'm still in the early stages of papermodeling to put it mildly. You have clear tutorials on how to build them
I will follow with interest this thread of an unsusual subject.
Best regards
Carlos
Old 01-14-2011, 10:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Thanks for the link Carlos. I was not aware of this site. You have some great looking models there Andriy.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:37 AM

I am apologizing for delay with answer. But due to various difficulties now I have normal access to the Internet one day per week on Friday.

Thank you for good words. Really, it is not a kit yet, it is just a test assembling. And the scale is 1/43, I forgot to say about it.

So, the next step is wheels assembling.
Almost all armored cars Austin had wheels with wooden spokes. I did not want to make flat wheels with painted spokes. Looking at the model of Ford Tfc (Modelik N8/04), I decided to make something similar. But I thought, such design is not suitable for small parts. As a result, I made a little change.

Here shown all part for one wheel. Spokes have easy rectangle shape. It is not like to a prototype, but otherwise it would be very hard to cut out 48 identical small parts. Central body is like to a reel: small cylinder with bigger side disks. Showed “reel” is not completely assembled: second disk will be glued later.

First, four spokes are gluing to the internal side of the tire. Due to non-big size, it is not a problem to glue them correctly: opponent spokes must be along one line. After that, central cylinder with one disk is placed to its place.

Then all another spokes are gluing. If spoke is longer that it is needed – scissor, thread file or side cutter will resolve this problem. But if spoke is shorter – it is not a trouble at all. Its end is gluing to the disk instead of cylinder. The second disk will hide any mistakes.

And the last photo today: all wheels glued to their places.

It remains to assemble two turrets. I hope, the model will have been ready by next Friday.
Google Adsense
Old 01-21-2011, 02:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Wow!! Those wheels and spokes look great!!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 243.49 MB
I am very impressed! This model looks excellent! I look forward to seeing more.

Jeff
Old 01-21-2011, 08:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.17 MB
Very good Work!
Old 01-21-2011, 08:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I really like this model, Andriy, and am very glad to know about your site. All of the models are excellent and cover a period of motor vehicles that is of great interest to me.

Your silhouette paper model aircraft are also very nice.

I look forward to seeing the completion of this armored car. You are providing some very useful information on construction techniques.

Don
Old 01-28-2011, 01:04 AM

Hello everybody again!

Thank you for your comments and good words!

And now is the last my post about this project. I took machine guns from my previous model. But one change was made: every machine gun fits to special carriage.

All another steps are not interesting. Turrets assembled and glued to their places as usually:

And here is the reason for carriage making: As you know, Austin-Putilov’s turrets had an original design. And due to it machine guns could be used against aircrafts. The model is able to demonstrate such AA mode:

And now, some photos of the completed model:

Google Adsense