PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 01-14-2011, 11:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 588.7 KB
Send a message via Skype™ to Whitejd
Talking Done at last - Russian Light Tank T-70 1/72

I posted some photos of my first armor project a short time ago and now I have finished the little monster. It is not up to the standards of all you great builders at papermodelers but I think that I am learning. Here are a few pictures of the finished T-70 (Tank was downloaded from here.) I did make a few minor changes in the tank as I went along (I looked at pictures of the T-70 at Engines of the Red Army in WW2 - T-70M Light Tank). The gun was a bit oversize so I cut it down. Other items that attach to the hull and turret were a bit tall so I cut them down also. I had great fun building this tank but the 1/72ed was a bit small and my fingers are not that adept at this fine work, yet. I am still having problems coloring the folded edges (I have been experimenting with water color and colored pencils. Any suggestions?) My next project is bigger, a T-12 at 1/33, I got from the downloads here. Just wanted to thank all you folks for the downloads here, the encouragement and the helpful tips. I will post photos of the T-12 as the project moves along.

Jerry
Attached Thumbnails
Done at last - Russian Light Tank T-70 1/72-t-70-641c.jpg   Done at last - Russian Light Tank T-70 1/72-t-70-645c.jpg   Done at last - Russian Light Tank T-70 1/72-t-70-646c.jpg   Done at last - Russian Light Tank T-70 1/72-t-70-647c.jpg   Done at last - Russian Light Tank T-70 1/72-t-70-649c.jpg  

Done at last - Russian Light Tank T-70 1/72-t-70-650c.jpg   Done at last - Russian Light Tank T-70 1/72-t-70-654c.jpg  
Old 01-14-2011, 11:39 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Looks pretty darned good for a first armor project, Jerry. Looking forward to more as your skills improve!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 01-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Hmm - well I think that is really good. Well done!

If yiu can colour the white edges it would be better still!

Try using sharp water colour pencils - for the trick bits you can suck the end of the pencil to moisten it a bit (I'm still alive).

Or, if you have a steady hand buy a GOOD QUALITY paintbush - size 00 or 000 and use it with "thick" (not too runny) watercolour. You need only use this for gappy edges.

In most cases a bit of edge contrast is fine - plastic modelers and railway modellers dry brush to get the same effect!