PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 01-24-2011, 03:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Time for a trial fit into the holster. does the trigger guard line up with the external finger switch? 'click', yep. saves me throwing it in the bin at this point.
Attached Thumbnails
Glock 17 build-glockpro-015.jpg   Glock 17 build-glockpro-014.jpg   Glock 17 build-glockpro-016.jpg  
Old 01-24-2011, 03:15 PM

The working out, cutting and beginning of the slide assembly. made each section 4xply so i can file the edges without breaking through.the last pic shows the finger grips at the rear of the slide. one good thing with laminating is being able to split of layers.
Attached Thumbnails
Glock 17 build-glockpro-017.jpg   Glock 17 build-glockpro-018.jpg   Glock 17 build-glockpro-019.jpg   Glock 17 build-glockpro-020.jpg  
Old 01-24-2011, 03:36 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dessy View Post
thanks doc, have your printer cartridges arrived yet?
yes today with a lot of stuff myself and the brother in law bought on ebay from a sewing machine to me trying to use up the money as not give the bank to much money when the pay as you go credit card dates go out of date. I bought some right junk really like a back cover for an iphone 3g a sim card holder the way i look at it better giving some guy are girl a few bob than an Irish bank, I have it loaded into the printer now and printed out the rest of Gary's B52H. I build that tommorow in my day building Gary's B52H challange refixture called off due to running out of ink
Old 01-24-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctormax View Post
yes today with a lot of stuff myself and the brother in law bought on ebay from a sewing machine to me trying to use up the money as not give the bank to much money when the pay as you go credit card dates go out of date. I bought some right junk really like a back cover for an iphone 3g a sim card holder the way i look at it better giving some guy are girl a few bob than an Irish bank, I have it loaded into the printer now and printed out the rest of Gary's B52H. I build that tommorow in my day building Gary's B52H challange refixture called off due to running out of ink
Wow. bet theres not much room around your work table now, with all that stuff off ebay! good luck with the B52H.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dessy View Post
thanks alot peter. you know, i was starting to get a little despondent with the lack of reply's on this one. loads of folk looking but no questions or anything? could it be just that its not kit built and me trying to show just another alternative to paper/card building thats frightening them. hope not.
NEVER get DESPONDENT my friend.... The way you design and build these beauties is most certainly different, and yes, some guys might not chip in through lack of knowledge of this kind of method..... don't mean they don't like what you do, just give 'em time to adjust. I started my way in paper through my own methods too. I see this project VERY enlightening, and great to see new approaches to building things from card stock. I certainly appreciate what you are doing here.
Google Adsense
Old 01-24-2011, 07:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 28.13 MB
Thumbs up

I was really skeptical about the UMP photo and thought that it was an airsoft rifle and not entirely made of paper. But, after this build thread and already seeing how it will end (which is really awesome!!!), I now believe that the UMP .45 is made of paper.

How thick are the laminates? do you use special glue and press when gluing those layers? I'm also curious how you'll make the barrel....but I know we'll get there...

Truly amazing!!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:49 PM

In the 4th post of the thread you mention that you sanded the model to shape. I'm curious are you just sanding the card itself, or is there some sort of "putty/clay/spackle" you've affixed to the model after you glued the laminates together?
Old 01-25-2011, 06:06 AM
Eternal Member

I don't know about the not posting comments, maybe it is a few people visiting the site that don't have accounts been counted as well not sure do that could well be a reason.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 130.59 MB
Life got in the way, and I've been away from the boards for the last several days. But I'll be watching this build with extreme interest.

After reading through a lot of the posts in various builds, I have to say that I feel like a grade schooler amoung a room full of scholars.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:16 PM

I approve of this thread and the work contained within it.

/rated *****
Google Adsense