PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 04-14-2011, 08:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
That is some very brilliant work!

You are very generous and your model designs are very much appreciated, I assure you.

BTW, were you ever able to finish the MP 40?

Cheers!
Jim
Old 04-14-2011, 11:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 551.4 KB
The other AR is hand drawn, so there's a bit of "fudgeability" in that build as well. I didn't think either model was being designed from meticulous measurements with calipers or anything like that. Close enough 1:1 models should work out just fine for interchangeable accessories, magazines, etc. The magpull looks great, too.

This is going to kill my black ink, but it's going to be a sexy model. I was going to build the white version of the AR-15 so I could save on ink. I was going to "stamp" the lettering with a ballpoint pen so I could paint the model black when I got it finished and fill the stamped letters and logos in with the appropriate white and red lines. I was going to use this method to keep everything correctly lined up instead of trying to laminate a plain paper or decal layer on top. I guess I'll try to make a somewhat inverted version in GIMP to cut down on the black while still keeping the lettering and fire select icons in place. This is assuming your permission, of course. (It's only right to ask, after all.)
Old 04-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Dude, you are the most "weapony" artist, of whose works I have ever seen. Very cool!!
Old 04-14-2011, 12:17 PM

thanks for the words of awsomeness guys! yeah ill make sure to also include a white version for those that dont want spend a bajillion dollars on ink. as for modifying the model, meh i dont mind so long as no one claims the work as there own as a whole. otherwise, use it how it makes u happy.

i do find mydelf making alot of guns...guess im a nutter. but secretly i make other stuff aswell. lot of military and fantasy...sometimes both. im also working on an Anoteray battleship from the Aname series, Last Exile

to round out my last exile fleet, but thats just a personal interest.

alos makin a warhammer 40K Imperitor Titan cause i love the looks of those beesties, but guns are my favorite to make.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAntzMK-II View Post
thanks for the words of awsomeness guys! yeah ill make sure to also include a white version for those that dont want spend a bajillion dollars on ink. as for modifying the model, meh i dont mind so long as no one claims the work as there own as a whole. otherwise, use it how it makes u happy.

i do find mydelf making alot of guns...guess im a nutter. but secretly i make other stuff aswell. lot of military and fantasy...sometimes both. im also working on an Anoteray battleship from the Aname series, Last Exile

to round out my last exile fleet, but thats just a personal interest.

alos makin a warhammer 40K Imperitor Titan cause i love the looks of those beesties, but guns are my favorite to make.

Are you freakin' kidding me!! I actually watched and have all seven DVD's. I ordered them from Japan as they came out. I want to do a Vanship. That is one of the most pleasing Anime's I have ever seen and a damned good series regardless of type. The thing is, if this even comes out anywhere as close to your guns, this will be a most anticipated model, by millions worldwide!!

Goodduck and I were talking about doing the Silvana but there is so little on it. It would be a lot of guess work. I surely will be following closely. I though I was the only one who ever saw this series.
Google Adsense
Old 04-14-2011, 05:42 PM

realy? didint think there would be any one liking it as the show was kinda obscure. i watched the whole season on netflicks and LOVED the vanships and story. ive allready completed the Silvana let me look for the files and make some instructions for you
Old 04-14-2011, 06:03 PM

and sorry i didint mention earlier, the MP40 is all cooked and skined and pealed to paper...just never test built or made instructions for. i know you've been looking for it so ill complete after im done here with the HK-416

update+
stocks done, sorry but i had to brand the cheek pad
now working on some fixes on the upper. this is a difficult part cause all the parts that need unfolding..., but im working at it.
Attached Thumbnails
Kh 416-img_20110414_165154.jpg   Kh 416-img_20110414_165304.jpg  
Old 04-14-2011, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
realy? didint think there would be any one liking it as the show was kinda obscure. i watched the whole season on netflicks and LOVED the vanships and story. ive allready completed the Silvana let me look for the files and make some instructions for you

I almost just fainted. I am without words. I will drink some First water in your honor tonight.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Quote:
and sorry i didint mention earlier, the MP40 is all cooked and skined and pealed to paper...just never test built or made instructions for. i know you've been looking for it so ill complete after im done here with the HK-416
Way cool! Have been waiting to see that one, the pictures you posted were awesome!

Thanks!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 04-14-2011, 10:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.77 MB
Wow, amazing build
Yeah, I too thought Last Exile was an excellent anime.
Just a side question, how big is your Silvana when built?
Google Adsense