PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 07-11-2011, 12:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 77.46 MB
Zathros, thank you much for that comment.
Joe, I did as you advised and printed a couple models on photo paper and they do look more like tin with with a glossy paint job. I was concerned with bending the paper as it is .0010 as compared to 67 lb card stock at .0008. There was some slight cracking of the shinny side but was able to touch it up with a rather dry water color. When taking the picture I was trying to get some glare off the tanks but only got it off the bottle cap. As we all have tried photos on regular copy paper and then printed on photo paper, the improve quality is very evident. So it is with these little toys, the detail stands out so much more. John
Attached Thumbnails
TinPaper Tanks-205_8.jpg  
Old 07-11-2011, 12:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
They look great, John. I hope to post a new on next week. I found yet another file I'd forgotten about - another of my favorites. Of course, they're all my favorites!

The glossy paper really does make them stan out. I can't believe the size you're working at and they look so good.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:54 AM

Great grandpa

I have to share this..........My daughter called yesterday and said the tanks were still intact and the boys were bragging to their friends that their Great Grandpa made a tank for each of them. My daughter corrected them and said he is your Grandpa, not Great Grandpa. They corrected her and said I was "Great Grandpa" as I made tanks for them. See how easy it is to get elevated to a higher status. I'm in sort of a rut right now, can't seem to stop building those toy tanks. Tomorrow I'll be sending the two guys their first replacements for the originals. I image they have some wear and tear on their first tanks. As you can see by the photo, I'll be making more trips to the post office. John
Attached Thumbnails
TinPaper Tanks-arsenal.jpg  
Old 07-17-2011, 02:17 PM

Great collection, John. I will get another up this week.
I bet at that size they're really sturdy.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:12 PM

Joe, I would guess that are a bit stronger than the size you designed them. I know they won't last forever so I'm making replacements for the little guys. John
Old 07-22-2011, 08:43 AM

Gentle hands

They say a photo is worth a thousand words so my daughter sent this one yesterday. The tanks are still intact even though the one in his right hand is about 5-6 weeks old and the one in his left hand is 3 weeks or so. I guess she thought I didn't quite believe her when she said the tanks were still in good shape. I'm still amazed and very pleased.
Alberto, I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner, you did a great job on your early builds and I'm some what envious of the models you have and I don't. I just hope Joe will be able to reintroduce these fine models so I can make additional toys for the grand-kids. John
Attached Thumbnails
TinPaper Tanks-tinpaper.jpg  
Old 10-16-2011, 05:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
JAgolden, are you planning to upload the space tank and the Christie 105 mm howitzer?
Your models are superb - simplicity taken to an art.

Thank you!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix View Post
JAgolden, are you planning to upload the space tank and the Christie 105 mm howitzer?
Your models are superb - simplicity taken to an art.

Thank you!
I've not found a readable "space Tank" file. If I find the Christie I'll upload that.
I have another to post, just haven't gotten to the directions yet. They're so simpleI may skip them just to get it up and posted.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:04 AM

skip instructions

Joe, I tend to agree that instructions aren't needed with your TipPaper models. Even a first time builder should be able to figure how to put the few pieces together. I would really like to see some more of your fine creations. John
Old 10-17-2011, 04:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I have this one downloaded, will have to find that S20 tank, want to get FG's 6 ton though. And they are probably creful with them becase Grandpapy made they for them!
Google Adsense