PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 02-24-2012, 09:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.62 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ju52man View Post
teehee, I live in new joizeee, so I can do whateva(within reason)
I remember Mom telling me that's where "da boids was choipin' and boipin' and eatin' doity woims."

With all this manual labor, I may not make it out of retirement alive.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
I remember Mom telling me that's where "da boids was choipin' and boipin' and eatin' doity woims."
I remember having an old PE teacher who had a hint of a Brooklyn/Joisey accent. Accent was so common that you wouldn't notice, but it was always hilarious when he would start shouting.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
What a badass model! The whole presentation is very professional! I'll bet you could sell this on ECardmodels.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavenport View Post
What a badass model! The whole presentation is very professional! I'll bet you could sell this on ECardmodels.
Hm, now that's an idea! If I don't have enough money to pay off student loans, I'll know where to go!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Talk Me out of it

Dear Maj Charles and RocketManTan:
Like the Lion in the Wisard of OZ talk me out of it. After downloading I'm thinking spray the back of the tube sheets with severial coats of High Temputer auto Paint, no glue the parts to thin metal flashing from the DIY store, see where I'm going yet! then make the head around an Esties Model Rocket Eng. right
This is from someone who dresses up in a civil war Artillery uniform and takes a full scale full bore 24# Coehorn motar and fires wooden balls from under on Goal post to score a field goal at the other end of the football field.
I think it would be fun BUT,
MILES
Google Adsense
Old 03-01-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Linnabery View Post
Like the Lion in the Wisard of OZ talk me out of it. After downloading I'm thinking spray the back of the tube sheets with severial coats of High Temputer auto Paint, no glue the parts to thin metal flashing from the DIY store, see where I'm going yet! then make the head around an Esties Model Rocket Eng. right
This is from someone who dresses up in a civil war Artillery uniform and takes a full scale full bore 24# Coehorn motar and fires wooden balls from under on Goal post to score a field goal at the other end of the football field.
MILES
You're asking the wrong guy to talk you out of it! I was thinking the exact same thing....only I have the aluminum flashing and rocket engines to do it already! What a way to scare the crud out of the neighbors! The rocket engines won't have the same specific impulse of the weapon's original engine, so you'll have to aim the Pfaust at a higher angle to keep the warhead from dropping to the ground.

Even at that, you'll have an issue with stability. But, what the heck, it'll look so cool if you take a picture when you fire the thing!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Linnabery View Post
MILES
...somehow I knew this would happen
To be frank, I really wouldn't recommend making a rocket-propelled panzerfaust. The trigger assembly is WAY too close to the end of the firing tube, and the rocket exhaust would (at best) singe your fingers. Keep in mind that the warhead was not a rocket. And, being the designer of this model, I personally don't want to get my ass sued
Old 03-03-2012, 06:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear RocketmanTan:
Don't worry, pie in the sky dream, wife is going to let me get a set of ink for printer today yea hope to start this as I have wanted to make a 1:1 weapon. Have you tried to print severial pages to one page to build 1:4 scale or smaller I wonder if it could go to 1:6 scale to match barbie and GI Joes?
Again, thanks for the models
MILES
Old 03-03-2012, 11:02 AM

I printed the PDF file and am well underway with construction. I printed mine at FEdEx Express on 8.5 x 11 paper with no scaling. The diameter of the tube came out at 1.8797 inches. Originally, you wrote that the diameter is 2".

Is the printed version correct? As you can see, I'm a bit anal about measurements. I just want to make sure before I complete more of the model.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavenport View Post
I printed the PDF file and am well underway with construction. I printed mine at FEdEx Express on 8.5 x 11 paper with no scaling. The diameter of the tube came out at 1.8797 inches. Originally, you wrote that the diameter is 2".

Is the printed version correct? As you can see, I'm a bit anal about measurements. I just want to make sure before I complete more of the model.
That's strange; my testbuild's pretty much 2 inches in diameter (give or take .1"). It might have something to do with the scaling when you printed it.
Google Adsense