PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 06:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Chev Army Truck

Even though this is called a Chev Blitz on the disk that I have, I call it an army truck coz the last time I said it was a Chev Blitz I got told it wasn't by some nick-picker and I hate nick-pickers. :p

Anyway this is how far I have got so far with this Chev Army Truck.

Dingo
Attached Thumbnails
Chev Army Truck-000_0387.jpg   Chev Army Truck-000_0388.jpg   Chev Army Truck-000_0442.jpg   Chev Army Truck-000_0443.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Banned

I have found references to this vehicle on Google and it is called the "Chevy Blitz". Cool truck by the way.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Thats looking really good! Its coming together really nicely. Only suggestion I might have would be to do some edge coloring. Its really easy and can make a huge difference on the final model. Looks like your skills are really coming along!
Chris
Old 10-09-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Even though this is called a Chev Blitz on the disk that I have
Disk???

I was unaware that Modelik models were available on disk.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
They are not.
Modelik 17/1998 Chevrolet 15-CWT
Old 10-10-2008, 07:11 PM

GreMir is right Stevo they're not, I was lucky enough to have 2 CDRoms sent to me from somewhere in Europe by some very kind person and everytime I build a model from the disk and display it on a forum I always make reference to this person who ever he/she may be. I was on a forum some 12 months ago and happened to mention that I couldn't afford to buy paper lits of the net as here in Oz I'm a care provider on an Australian Government pension as such I don't get a lot of money this person e-mailed me asked for my address which I sent and a mnth or 2 later the disk turned up, I am very appreciative of this person and praise him/her when I do one of the kits. Sorry this is so long winded but it had to be told.

This person wouldn't know me as Dingo but as Russell or Desert Rat Racer but I don't use those names anymore as my name is now Dingo, official depol name.

Dingo
Old 10-10-2008, 07:31 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Dingo,

So you know why Stev0 and Gremir mentioned what they mentioned, I will try to explain

This Chevy truck, and the Peterbilt and the racing truck you previously showed, are scans from purchased kits, in a sense a bootleg copy, or pirated products.

We try to support those companies who produce the models, it keeps them in business, and us in paper snippets.

I would like to suggest that if you want to show your builds, try to limit yourself to those models are freely available on the net, and if you need to know if a model is scanned, you can send me an email or a private message, and I will try to help you out.

And always, any questions let me know

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 10-10-2008, 09:01 PM

I know wot U'r on about Rick but there's no proof that these are bootleg disk and if U want to say they are well then there's nothing I can do to convince U diffrently except to leave this forum a sad day
Dingo :(
Old 10-10-2008, 09:18 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Dingo,

I said only that the 3 trucks you have are bootlegged, while I have no problem with you building the models for your own pleasure and skill building, but I would advise you to not showcase them.

I have no idea what else is on those CDs and I do not want to know what is on them either.

We all have downloaded or printed a scan model in the past, but we have learned from those mistakes, and I hope you will do the same.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 10-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Dingo,
Rick is in no way running you down. I have known Rick quite a long while now and the advice he is giving is sound. He is looking out for you I would say. I certainly hope you dont take it personally and do stick around. I see you have some talent and it is certainly getting better - I can tell from your builds.

Take a look through the cd - modelik, gpm (pretty much anything that you can tell is a scan) is likely a pirate copy. There could be a TON of stuff on there that is perfectly legit too.

Here is my suggestion to ya and it wont cost a penny. Visit Phil's search engine (I gotta dig up the link - not on my normal computer, or I am sure someone else can relay it here) and enjoy the thousands of free models of nearly any skill level that are available. I look forward to seeing more of your builds right here.
Chris