PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 12-30-2012, 01:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.88 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
The SS2 looks good Sargaputra, I look forward to making it up. I thought that Barrett looked familiar ... is it Trent's design or someone else?

What cardstock did you use for the SS2, and how was it painted? I hope you don't mind me commenting, but it does look too shiney for a Sniper's weapon. Matt black wrapped with hessian strips are the common finishes.

You really need to think more about the background when photographing a weapon. The simplest way is to open up a big cardboard box, drape it over the couch to form a step to mount the weapon on and give a plain uncoloured background. It can often look better if the weapon is secured to the upright background (using wire ties, or even simple cotton). Of course the finished picture should then be cropped to cut out any unwanted background stuff.

As a paper weapon designer, are you looking for inspiration for the next one? I would dearly like to get my hands on a paper AR10 like the one I carried for many years. Obviously they wouldn't let me take it home when I retired.

No, it's not an AR15 (M16). Look closer, there are subtle differences. The big clue is the cocking lever inside the carrying handle, and it's 7.62 ammo. They pre-date the AR15 by a good few years, are much harder hitting, and acurate up to 1000m.

Johnny.
yeah i just design the paper model, but i wasn't build this paper model. my friend Rew is the man who build (test build) this paper gun actually, perhaps he used a 200gsm paper type. when he finished to construct this model, i requested him to spray it with metallic shiny black (a mistake of mine).
so, it looks better if the model sprayed with another black
i don't know what is this black colour name ...

thank you.
ArtonPM Blogspot
Old 12-30-2012, 04:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Think about it ... due to the nature of it's purpose, the rifle should not have any shiny surfaces that will reflect light, giving away it's position.

In military situations, bull**it, spit and polish is strictly for parade purposes only. The sniper must blend into his location and disapear.

Unless you have a Barrett of course ... then you can be virtually invisible 'cos you're half a mile away, but have you seen the price of them? The British Army wouldn't buy me one, and they're too bl**dy heavy to carry far anyway, but that didn't stop me wanting one.

Johnny.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:39 PM

SS2V4 it's not naturally full sniper rifle. it just an assault rifle which equipped with sniping telescope. V4 is the variant which support para-sniping ability.
ArtonPM Blogspot
Old 12-31-2012, 04:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 248.12 MB
Nice model sam..
Old 12-31-2012, 06:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Think about it ... due to the nature of it's purpose, the rifle should not have any shiny surfaces that will reflect light, giving away it's position.

In military situations, bull**it, spit and polish is strictly for parade purposes only. The sniper must blend into his location and disapear.

Unless you have a Barrett of course ... then you can be virtually invisible 'cos you're half a mile away, but have you seen the price of them? The British Army wouldn't buy me one, and they're too bl**dy heavy to carry far anyway, but that didn't stop me wanting one.

Johnny.
u got that right on both ends a rifle should always be matt to blend and that the barret is too heavy and too pricey but they sure do hit the spot intended i mean u can't argue with a .50 cal sniper

a great rifle samuel want to build it but pretty short on the $$ to print it

ultra stone
Old 12-31-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One5 Models View Post
Nice model sam..
Thank you om setiawan :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra View Post
u got that right on both ends a rifle should always be matt to blend and that the barret is too heavy and too pricey but they sure do hit the spot intended i mean u can't argue with a .50 cal sniper

a great rifle samuel want to build it but pretty short on the $$ to print it

ultra stone
thanks for your advice, this is my first paper rifle model ..
happy new year 2013 :D
ArtonPM Blogspot

Tags
assault rifle, lifesize scale