PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 03-02-2014, 03:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Good progress Rich. the printer i got is the same as the one sjponeill got. but havent tried it yet

Old 03-08-2014, 08:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.42 MB
DAVID, SJPONeill,
I found this printer. I have not purchased it yet but I can get it for less than $200. You guys will have to tell me if the toner will stay on the paper (i have heard that the toner will flake off if you bend the paper). This seems like a great deal tho.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:45 AM

TIM, ENRICO
The kit is building up just great. This kit is designed well enough to use as a pattern for rebuilding in styrene, if that sort of thing works for you. I might just try that later.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:06 AM

HEY ALL,

This kit is building up really cool!! There are quite a few very small parts, but nothing that we all haven't delt with before.

Photo #1, The parts for the external fuel tanks.

Photo #2, The fuel tanks.

I just have to paint and do final install. Fuel tanks done.

All these parts are for the suspension and the frame bumpers.

Photo #1, Parts to be cut out for the suspension.

Photo #2, These parts are for the frame bumpers.

Photo #3, These parts are for the frame cross members for the suspension to mount to.

Photo #4, A plan view of the parts for the bumpers and suspension.

This part of the build has a lot of repitition when cutting out and layering. All glued on nicley and is ready for painting. I will test fit all the parts that mount to this end of the frame befor I paint the outside. Then off to the front suspension.

More to come, Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
1/25 maz 537g-img_1467.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1496.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1457.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1466.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1465.jpg  

1/25 maz 537g-img_1464.jpg  
Old 03-08-2014, 09:16 AM

HEY ALL,

This is how I do the rivits for the frame.

Photo #1, I use a 0.65mm finger drill to tap holes where the rivits will be placed.

Photo#2, In this photo and the last one, you can see the head of the straight pin cut off. Only a small amount of the original pin shaft and head is used.

Photo #3, I tap a small hole where the rivit sits, and push the straight pin with head into the hole and then add a tiny drop of super glue.

Photo #4, The finished rivits in place and ready to paint. After the painting, the glue stains wont be seen and these rivits are somewhat hidden behind the suspension gear.

Thanks for watching, more later.
Attached Thumbnails
1/25 maz 537g-img_1390.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1493.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1392.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1495.jpg  
Old 03-08-2014, 12:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichO View Post
DAVID, SJPONeill,
I found this printer. I have not purchased it yet but I can get it for less than $200. You guys will have to tell me if the toner will stay on the paper (i have heard that the toner will flake off if you bend the paper). This seems like a great deal tho.
Its an inkjet not a laser printer so there are no problems with the ink flaking off the paper..I mainly use a 179 gsm matt art paper and the onlynprblem I have had has been a little blotiing on the most intense colours setting...
Old 03-08-2014, 02:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
good progress Rich navent had time yet to use my printer yet.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:52 PM

JSPONeill, DAVID,

It's a good thing that this printer is ink jet and not laser. I have heard, not so good things about laser printers. Being that it is ink jet, have you guys calculated the cost of the ink carts? Ya know that one good model could use an entire cartridge, or more. I do like the idea of being able to print outlines for my p*****c constructions without having to go to Office Depot. Tha MAZ would be cooler that cool built out of styrene.
Anyway let me know how much you think it would cost to print the average kit. Just curious.
Thanks guys, Rich
Old 03-11-2014, 01:16 PM

HEY ALL,

Just a quick update today.

I have started with the drive train parts and construction. lets see.

Photo #1, #2, #3, Parts for the transmission.

Photo #4, and #5, These are parts for the differential. This MAZ has four drive axels and each with it's own drive shafts and assembies. Also a lot of parts for something I can put inside a penny.

Photo #6, Starting with the engine parts and the gear boxes.

I'll have more soon, for now I want to work on the Crawler build, Thanks All.
Attached Thumbnails
1/25 maz 537g-img_1349.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1348.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1346.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1344.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1354.jpg  

1/25 maz 537g-img_1345.jpg  
Old 03-14-2014, 03:13 PM

HEY ALL,

The build continues. I'm finding that for Enrico's scratch built design, this kit is frikin' cool! I have only encountered a few small questions, but for anybody that has a little experiance and can reference Enrico's build photos, the questions are easy to answer.

Like most people, I am a bit farther ahead in the build than in the photos. I have started with the painting and I am now moving to the front suspension of this beast. More on that later.

So these photos are of the transmission and the transfer case parts and assemblies.

Photo #1, Transmission parts.

Photo #2, Parts for the Transfer Cases

Photo #3, This is a close up of the Transfer Cases. And just in case you are wondering, I just pulled the names of the parts out of my a** because thats what they look like to me.

Photo #4, Gear Box, Transfer Cases, and Differentials. The foot locker in the background.

Photo #5, Front side of the Gear Box.

Photo #6, Back side of the Gear Box.

Photo #7, These two will be mated together back to back to make a total Gear Box.

Like all models, test fitting is essential ( which I forget to do sometimes) and figuring out how someone else was thinking to assemble is always fun to do. Enrico has obviously done this before to the point that the drawing instructions are quite easy to follow. And being able to look at the build report is just the finishing touches a builder needs for this kit. Good job Enrico!
Attached Thumbnails
1/25 maz 537g-img_1412.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1345.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1352.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1351.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1359.jpg  

1/25 maz 537g-img_1358.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1353.jpg