PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 03-19-2014, 07:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.42 MB
OK ALL,

The MAZ build continues. Slightly slower, with all the things to do, I always manage to squeeze in some build time.

At this point in the build I am assembling the drive train components. I have test fitted these to the frame rails, and have started the painting process.

Photo #1, More of the Transmission components. The wire I use is hardened music wire. It is quite stiff and holds it shape well. I have been using it for a while now, so bending it is easy for me.

Photo #2, Here is the same piece test fitted into the frame rails.

Photo #3, More of the transmission test fitted. The wire here is thin electrical wire with the plastic sheath still intact.

Photo #4, This photo shows the test fit between the differentials and frame stiffeners.

Photo #5, Now starting the painting process. I went to Erico's web site to read how he dose his really cool weathering. I am going to use this kit to practice the weathering for myself.

Photo #6, With the components painted, I am applying a screen the instructions call for. This is probably some sort of cooling screen. In this photo, I cut a pattern to size.

Photo #7, In this photo, I have cut the screen out of some scrap material left over from the Crawler build.

Photo #8, A little trimming, and the screen fit perfectly.

Next time I will show all the drive components installed, and the inside of the frame painted. Then I get to move out to the Suspension components.
Attached Thumbnails
1/25 maz 537g-img_1413.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1415.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1416.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1418.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1421.jpg  

1/25 maz 537g-img_1428.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1430.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1432.jpg  
Old 03-19-2014, 10:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Spectacular, Rich. Beautiful detail and building.

Joe
Old 03-19-2014, 05:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
good progress looking good Rich more plumming i see.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:48 PM

Thanks joe
Old 03-19-2014, 08:49 PM

DAVE, The plumbing never seems to end. THANKS
Old 03-20-2014, 09:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 309.19 MB
Rich,
wow...you really do nice work and are a glutton for punishment (liking kits with high part counts!) I also enjoy them from time to time, in between easier builds. I think that maybe Kens Apollo may have your name on a copy (just sayin')

Bill
Where did Gunter Wendt ?
Old 03-20-2014, 06:35 PM

BILL,

Actually I'm starting a new Crawler build. I have all the drawings I need and have ordered the build material. This will be a 1/72 scale scratch built out of styrene. I feel that the Crawler I'm building now is just to small for my eyes and the paper has become somewhat unstable with all the moisture here in the NW. Now I know where I really messed up building with the paper kit and I can fix all the things I did wrong. I'm excited to start. It's like the paper kit is a dress rehearsal and now I'm ready to build for real.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 20.88 MB
This Model (yes, capital M) is the greatest paper model ever. I adore how well everything is coming together in your build, Enrico. I have started working on this same MAZ awhile ago, pretty much the same time you did, I think.

Have couple pictures for upload, but will not be able to contribute the whole story.. How do you feel if I send you links to my photobucket and you will bring up some pics in your tread? Only if you find them appropriate that is...

btw, I am doing the original 1/33 scale

Best

Andriy
Old 03-26-2014, 09:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.88 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksdro View Post
This Model (yes, capital M) is the greatest paper model ever. I adore how well everything is coming together in your build, Enrico. I have started working on this same MAZ awhile ago, pretty much the same time you did, I think.

Have couple pictures for upload, but will not be able to contribute the whole story.. How do you feel if I send you links to my photobucket and you will bring up some pics in your tread? Only if you find them appropriate that is...

btw, I am doing the original 1/33 scale

Best

Andriy
wow, wow... my bad... that should read 'RichO' not 'Enrico'... Enrico's work is opened in next tab in my browser... sorry.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:43 PM

OK GUYS,

More Maz Madness,

I have finally started painting the MAZ. I started with the inside of the frame rails and will move down the frame then to the outside. I have also painted the drive train and fully installed all these componants.

Photo #1, In this photo I have started adding the back suspenssion parts to the frame.

Photo#2, I started the painting off with a scratchy coat of rust color. Then I applied a coat of Olive Drab. After that dried, I added colored pastel chalk for weathering.

Photo #3, Rust weathering.

Photo#4, Drive Train mounted to frame rails.

Photo #5, A close up shot.

Photo #6, Componants, down the frame.

Photo #7, Another close up shot.

I'm having fun now, making a mess with the painting. The paint tends to hide a lot of flaws in the build. So all looks great!

Keep building All!!
Attached Thumbnails
1/25 maz 537g-img_1482.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1440.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1441.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1447.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1449.jpg  

1/25 maz 537g-img_1448.jpg   1/25 maz 537g-img_1450.jpg