PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 05-10-2009, 07:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Ford GPA Jeep

Next project:

Since my wife recommended a wheeled vehicle and since I need something to work on at the upcoming Army Heritage Day, I have chosen Modelik's amphibious jeep as my next project. I originally bought this kit after hearing a story about one that my buddy Ed (a former seabee) relayed to me during one of our weekly build sessions. This one may end up on Ed's shelf when finished.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
Ford GPA Jeep-dscn0738.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-10-2009, 10:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
That's one I'm thinking about getting started on also. Here's a link to Johnny Svensson's site: Johnny's Papermodels where he does a build up on it and here's one on restoring a GPA: John Hecker's FORD GPA . Speaking of Johnny, anyone know what he up to lately?? Haven't seen anything by him in months it seems like.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
That's one I'm thinking about getting started on also. Here's a link to Johnny Svensson's site: Johnny's Papermodels where he does a build up on it and here's one on restoring a GPA: John Hecker's FORD GPA . Speaking of Johnny, anyone know what he up to lately?? Haven't seen anything by him in months it seems like.
Looks like Johnny changed jobs and some other things came into his life lately http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/v...-16-gpm-4.html
Old 05-11-2009, 02:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.95 MB
Send a message via ICQ to Johnny
I'm still around guys!! Not much time for modelling though....
I'm working a kind of 4/3 scedule finishing one of the worlds biggest drilling rigs at Aker Stord

And when working 12 hour shifts....I'm pretty tired when I'm back at the sleeping quarters.
Hope to be back to modelling when I'm finished at Stord.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Greg -- I'm glad to hear that you are building the GPA and hope to see it as a WIP in a few days. I bought one of these after seeing Johnny's build -- and as I was in the throes of finishing the amphib book and on the hunt for models of things amphibious. Eventually, I hope to start work on it.

Johnny -- Thanks for showing us the big paper model of the oil rig you are working on, complete with the usual 1/24 figures to put it into scale. (joke)

Don
Google Adsense
Old 05-12-2009, 05:43 AM

Not much progress to report, just got a few formers together. I had to extend the slots slightly on parts 1 & 2, otherwise fit was nice and tight.

Johnny,

So are they going to float that rig out into position or transport it by ship (Willift Eagle type)? I think JSC should make a model of it to go with the Bredford Dolphin.

In the late 90's I had the occasion to visit a job site building one of these rigs on a beach in Louisiana. It was most impressive. I had not know how they were constructed before that trip.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
Ford GPA Jeep-dscn0739.jpg  
Old 05-12-2009, 02:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Modelperry, I think AHD (Army Heritage Day) approaches. Is this vehicle a part of the cardmodel display? ( Nice to hear from Johnny, but looks like not much chance of viewing a new creation from his cardmodel desk presently:()
Old 05-13-2009, 07:40 AM

I intend to work on it while at AHD. Certainly won't be finished by then. Well, then again it might be further along than I expected since I no longer have a job to go to starting today.

Greg
Old 05-13-2009, 09:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I'm really sorry to hear about your job, Greg. At least it does leave more time for paper modeling, but I do hope you find something quickly!
Old 05-14-2009, 12:06 PM

I've finished up the basic frame. Here are some pictures. Maybe I'll build a lowrider! :p

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
Ford GPA Jeep-dscn0740.jpg   Ford GPA Jeep-dscn0741.jpg   Ford GPA Jeep-dscn0742.jpg   Ford GPA Jeep-dscn0743.jpg  
Google Adsense