PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 06-18-2015, 10:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 53.19 MB
Paper-replika WWII Tiger I

Just completed a WWII Tiger I from paper-replika.com (found here: WWII Tiger I Tank Paper Model )

This was an excellent and moderately challenging project. Just enough detail to keep it interesting including the option of building individual links for the tracks. The turret is rotatable, but that's pretty much it for moving parts.

The fit was excellent. I printed the pdf file on Neenah 65lb paper. In retrospect, I would have used thinner paper for the parts that needed rolling.

Best of all, it was free, thanks to Julius Perdana who completed the model in memory of his friend who initially designed the tank, Yudhi Kistyarto

Phil
Attached Thumbnails
Paper-replika WWII Tiger I-img_1644.jpg   Paper-replika WWII Tiger I-img_1645.jpg   Paper-replika WWII Tiger I-img_1646.jpg   Paper-replika WWII Tiger I-img_1640.jpg   Paper-replika WWII Tiger I-img_1638.jpg  

Paper-replika WWII Tiger I-img_1639.jpg  

Last edited by pjabraham; 06-18-2015 at 10:19 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 06-18-2015, 10:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
That's a good looking Tiger you have there, Phil.
Keep in mind if you want thinner paper for rolling tubes you can easily "sand" down the opposite of the printed sheet using an emory board. This reduces the thickness of the paper enough to make rolling tight cylinders very easy. Just make sure you don't over do it and sand the whole way through the sheet. After you do this a few times you'll get a good feel for it.
Good luck!
Old 06-18-2015, 01:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.95 MB
Send a message via ICQ to Johnny
Yes it looks like a nice model Phil!!
Old 06-18-2015, 07:33 PM

Thanks Kevin and Johnny.

Kevin, I appreciate the advice on sanding down the paper. It had never occurred to me to do that. It also has the advantage of saving paper (not having to print again on thinner stock). Will definitely keep it in mind for the next project.

Salut.

Phil
Old 06-19-2015, 07:04 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Very well done. I would offer only 1 conctructive criticism: the outer roadwheels on the tiger were concave, and to enhance that look, Julius colored all the wheels 2-tone. I believe that the shadowed area should be at the top of each wheel.
Google Adsense
Old 06-19-2015, 09:04 AM

Ooh, Don, good catch! I never even noticed the shadowing on the outer wheels. Makes sense to line up the shadowed areas towards the top of the vehicle. The illustrations Julius provided even demonstrate this. I just did not pay enough attention since the written instructions did not specify the orientation.

Details. Details. This hobby will be the death of me yet.

Phil
Old 06-19-2015, 10:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
Good to see an actual built example of this model - it's one of my started and get round to finishing projects. Now I know what it looks like 'in the flesh' and not a computer render, I 'll have to get it done.