PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 11-01-2015, 05:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.19 MB
Amazing build!

The interior shots is almost like looking into the real thing.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 32.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerd View Post
Hi all,
here is some progress on the Tiger. The Tiger got its teeth the main gun. In 1942 the KwK (Kampfwagenkanone-tank gun)36/L56 was the most powerful gun that was mounted on a tank. It takes some time to built the gun as it is a mighty beast. As told before the model is well designed but the drawings are not complete and remaining some questions open. Fortunately there are some pictures from models available in the web.
Placing the gun into the turret needed some adjustments but at the end the turret found its final position on the tank.
The last picture shows a comparison, the cute,little tank is the Tank IV.
Regards
Gerd
Hi Gerd, thanks for posting all the photo's. Very interesting to see the actual interior parts such the radiators and coolant tanks, the torsion bar suspension, and the KwK 36/l56 88mm cannon.

I found your opinions useful for future reference on the King Tiger/Tiger II. Personally, I would really like to see a Jagdtiger, but can understand a desire for a Tiger II. What about a re-color on the Tiger II from Modelik? Did you have a paint/pattern scheme you prefered?
Old 11-01-2015, 11:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello Gerd,

it's very fantastic!

Marco
Currently Building: RN Zara 1:400
Old 11-01-2015, 11:29 AM

Thanks to Eric, Gambeir and Marco.
@Gambeir: The tiger family is absolutely fascinating and this was definitely not my last one. I am prefering the Jagdtiger but the Modelik Tiger II seems to be a good choice at well. The issue with Modelik tanks is that the color is looking too clean. A tank has to look like a muddy hog, hasn't it I have used watercolors for my Crusader and this worked well for giving it the right look.
When thinking about Tigers I found out that there is an another extremly desirable Tiger from GPM. It's the Elephant/Ferdinand. This selfpropelled tank killer was built on the Tiger chassis from Porsche. The German tanks had a touch of luxury as some were designed from Porsche and all had Maybach engines
Regards
Gerd
Old 11-01-2015, 02:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 32.71 MB
Difficult choice Gerd. Whichever way is going to be the right way for you. I like all of them and it's great to see builds of these models.

I kind of like the Porsche Turret on the Tiger II myself. I know it's inferior and all, but production wise there isn't a great deal of difference between the Panzerjäger Tiger, and the Porsche Turreted King Tigers. Anyways, someone with your skill can do a kit bash, or modification to create the Henschel Turret, or do both and see which you prefer.

You probably already know, but I was surprised to find that the Panzerjager Tiger also came in two versions. One, the Porsche version had eight road wheels (ten were made according to wikipedia), while the Henschel suspension used nine road wheels. Total production numbered around 77 to 88 units altogether. They were both based on a lengthed King Tiger Chassis.
Google Adsense
Old 11-01-2015, 05:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
Hallo Gerd, fantastic work. You have a nice touch with armour!
Old 11-02-2015, 11:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 11.18 MB
Precise and clean work....I follow with interest
Old 11-04-2015, 01:15 PM

Thanks Gambeir, Fred and Enrico. This is really a great kit, well constructed and detailed. Two shortcommings are making some problems, the chaotic layout of the pages and moreover the drawings. Fortunately I've found a construction report in the www but some questions are still remaining open. I am currently comleting the turret but it is not so easy.
Regards
Gerd