PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 10-19-2015, 05:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25

Dear Friends,
I don't want to post only pictures from completed models and therefore as promised I will continue my current construction report here. I have started it in June but I am afraid that the report was deleted in the meantime in the other forum.
This is my fourth tank model and there it is always the question, why tanks are so fascinating. Well tanks are not really beautiful but they are technical monuments and in 1:25 it is possible to built details that hardly can be built in 1:250
I don't want to tell much about the Tiger because much is known and information is available in the www. It was one of the most famous tanks in WWII altough the number of produced Tiges was not really high (about 1,300 in total) compared with other tanks. The Tiger was a real warbeast with heavy armour, a powerful gun that could knock out any tank at high distances but it was very expensive and not reliable. Many Tigers had to be abandoned due to breakdowns.
The kit is from Kartonowy Arsenal (Halinski), published in 1998 and is including about 2,800 parts. Compared with other tanks from KA this is not much but for me enough The model is an early production type that particapated at operation 'Zitadelle' (tank battle at Kursk) in 1943.
I am using laser cut tracks as I (sluggard) did for my other tanks. although not a really new production the design is very nice.
An interior is provided that will be later visible via several hatches and my aim is it to provide as many insights as possible.
The fit and construction of the model are very good but the drawings leave many questions open and the layout of the pages is chaotic. Therefore the construction is quite challenging but gives much pleasure on the other hand.

As you can see I have completed the corpus (the little cute tank is a tank IV) and now I have some fun with the turret. I want to leave the turret roof removable for providing insight to the interior. The fit of the turret is not perfect what is not a flaw of the construction but bringing 1 mm card into a round shape was not so easy.

The next step will be building the Tiger's teeth, the main gun (8.8-cm-KwK36/L56).

Regards

Gerd
Attached Thumbnails
Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-2.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-31.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-45.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-59.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-98.jpg  

Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-99.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-100.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-101.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-102.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-103.jpg  

Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-104.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-105.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-106.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-107.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-108.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 10-19-2015, 06:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.19 MB
Very impressive!
Old 10-19-2015, 01:14 PM

Hi Eric_Son,
Thank you very much. Yes, impressive ist the right term for such a dinosaur
Regards
Gerd
Old 10-19-2015, 08:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
That is a very impressive model, Gerd, beautiful craftsmanship.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:52 PM

Hi all,
here is some progress on the Tiger. The Tiger got its teeth the main gun. In 1942 the KwK (Kampfwagenkanone-tank gun)36/L56 was the most powerful gun that was mounted on a tank. It takes some time to built the gun as it is a mighty beast. As told before the model is well designed but the drawings are not complete and remaining some questions open. Fortunately there are some pictures fom models available in the web.
Placing the gun into the turret needed some adjustments but at the end the turret found its finalposition on the tank.
The last picture shows a comparison, the cute,little tank is the Tank IV.
Regards
Gerd
Attached Thumbnails
Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-86.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-87.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-88.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-89.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-90.jpg  

Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-91.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-92.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-94.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-95.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-96.jpg  

Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-97.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-98.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-99.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-100.jpg   Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-101.jpg  

Pzkpfw. VI Tiger Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25-tiger-102.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-30-2015, 03:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
Impressive indeed!
Old 10-31-2015, 12:13 AM

Looking good!
Old 10-31-2015, 12:06 PM

Thanks John and Milenio.I am currently fiting out the turret with some additional details but after this the biggest challenge of any tank ist approaching the chassis. Fortunately I have laser cut tracks that will make life a little bit easier.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:21 PM

Thanks for the build report for a kit surely on the to do list of lot of us !.
Always wondering who is publishing the best tiger kit. Halinski has definitively the best detail but the colour of the gpm look better ...
All my support for road wheel (I have the jagdpanther to do myself...)

btw who is publishing the pz iv ?
Old 11-01-2015, 04:48 AM

Hi Dje,
There are several Tigers form different publishers available. You are right the GPM Tiger I has a better color but it is not providing an interior. There is also a Tiger from Modelik (and other publishers) available but the Modeliks are in most cases notso detailed and the color is not the best. I would be interested in a Tiger II (kintiger) but there the situation is worse. The color of the GPM Tiger II is not very nice, there is no interior and the model has the 'Porsche' but not the production turret. There is a Tiger II from Modelik that has an interior and the production turret but the color is an issue.
Maybe I'll chose the 'Jagdtiger' from GPM
The Pz. VI is also from GPM and has the same high standard (including interior) like your 'Jagdpanther'.
Regards
Gerd
Google Adsense