PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 07-23-2020, 05:59 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Your FT-17 came out terrific, Kacper! I believe that Wayne's 1/48 kits are derived from his 1/72 original with no modifications beyond the upscale. A while back I further upscaled one of the 1/48 kits to 1/35 and recolored it to go with the others in my Girls und Panzer collection FT-17 Girls und Panzer Did you have any issues with the kit's misaligned front suspension supports? (see photo 1 in my thread) I like the opened suspension on your model. It's a great improvement to the 2d suspension. On mine I just suggested depth with coloring. Nice job!
Old 07-23-2020, 07:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 317.47 MB
Karol, Don(rockpaperscissor), thanks for your kind words!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
Did you have any issues with the kit's misaligned front suspension supports? (see photo 1 in my thread)
Interestingly, I didn't have any issues with the misaligned front suspension supports. I did not even notice those incorrectly drawn lines!
The only problem I had with the suspension supports is that they were too short for my modified version of the running gear. That's why I made the additional parts to lengthen them a little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelczynski View Post
Excellent model Kacper.Fast build too.One page model?
Theoretically, yes, all parts would fit in a one page but the actual model had two pages with parts.
Old 07-23-2020, 09:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 317.47 MB
Charlie, I did some more research on FTs used by the Kuomintang.
I've found two sources that support my theory of Chinese Nationalists' FTs used for training in 1930s.

Here's the first one(https://web.archive.org/web/20110321...na_armour.html).
We can read there:

It was the Chinese Warlord Chang Tsolin who first introduced tanks in China. Surprised during the North Offensive by the Chiang Kai Shek army, he bought several Renault FT Tanks (M1918) from France in 1927. It is uncertain how these tanks were used in combat, but they were eventually captured by the Japanese and the Chinese Nationalists. The tanks captured by the Japanese army were deployed in the Kwangtung Army and later used during the Manchurian Incident. The Nationalists in the meantime also bought 36 Renualt FT tanks. However, they were not used in action but were used mainly for training.

What's interesting, my another source is in Chinese(you have to translate it to read it). We can find the information there that at least one FT was in the Nanking Central Military Academy in 1937. It was later captured by the Japanese forces and sent to Japan as a war trophy.
https://www.krzzjn.com/html/71349.html
Old 07-25-2020, 03:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
The Renault FT Kuomintang repaint is on Landships II now.

Usual URL: Landships II
Select "Wayne McCullough" then "Renault FT"

Regards,

Charlie
Old 07-25-2020, 06:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.69 GB
Big thanks friends
Google Adsense
Old 07-25-2020, 08:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
This thread has turned into a very useful reference on Renault tanks in China. Thanks for both a fine model of a historic armored fighting vehicle and for the information you have collected here, Kacper.

Thanks for making Kacper's model available and for your always-valuable additional info, Charlie.

Don

Tags
china, kuomintang, nanking, renault ft