PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2021, 10:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
GPM Panzer IV

It's been a while since I've done a proper build thread here on the forum. After finishing the Chaffee I took a short beak to spend the Holidays with family and focus on other real life obligations. Now, moving forward into the new year, I decided that it's time to build a new model, one that I have wanted to build for many years. I've had this kit in my stash for a long time, in fact it was one of the first commercial kits that I purchased back when I first started building paper models. So without any more rambling on lets get this thing started!
Here is GPM kit #237 PzKpfw IV Ausf. H

If you are not familiar with this kit, it is not lacking in detail. Like most other paper AFV kits it's published in the common 1:25 scale. The four color printing is well done with subtle weathering effects. Provided with the kit is an optional parts sheet that is printed on a heavily embossed stock that replicates the texture of Zimmerit. For a paper model it looks pretty convincing. This model also sports a fully detailed interior. With that in mind, all hatches will open and close and the turret will be removable to allow a peek at the details hidden inside the hull.

Like other tank builds, construction begins with the assembly of the hull.
The thing that makes this kit a little different is that due to the interior details, there are no extra internal frame work supports. The hull becomes stronger as the interior details are added.

So far I have the hull glued up and covered with the interior and exterior skins. Next I will begin to add some exterior details before moving back inside.

Wish me luck and enjoy the process as I do.

Happy New Year!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0262.JPG (732.6 KB, 243 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0263.JPG (659.0 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0264.JPG (672.4 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0265.JPG (586.9 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0266.JPG (705.6 KB, 96 views)
Google Adsense