PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 04-28-2022, 08:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karasu View Post
If anyone's interested I'm happy to upload the STL files for the parts as I work my way through them for anyone else that might be contemplating tackling this kit
That's really generous of you...I'd be a starter to try some...although I still want to try the tyres the old-fashioned way first...

What software are you using? I bought me a 3D scanner for Christmas but, between study and work, have been too busy to do much else than check everything is in the box...but am also keen to play around with designing my own parts - don't have a printer but a mate a couple of villages over does - as so many paper models could use so 3D detail parts for appearance and/or strength...
Old 04-30-2022, 12:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONeill View Post
That's really generous of you...I'd be a starter to try some...although I still want to try the tyres the old-fashioned way first...

What software are you using?
I'd really rather not say as it's a non licenced version of one of those industry standard 3D design software packages that only Elon Musk could legitimately afford to pay the licence fees for... I'm just an average sod on a disability pension so I don't fall into that income bracket... suffice to say I can save the files into any format your heart desires.
STL is pretty much the industry standard for printers though.

I'd seriously recommend getting a printer though, My youngest son who's a bit of a software geek bought me one for christmas a couple of years back (god bless his heart) but I am a bit of a Neo-Luddite and it scared the kak out of me and took me a full year to unpack it and another couple of months to turn it on... once I actually tried it (which truthfully I only did because he was coming to visit) it was almost instantly addictive and has turned my modelling from painstaking manual scratch building to diving into the murky world of 3D design and making my own print files which is every bit as satisfying I assure you an doing things the old way.

so why give them away?... well 2 reasons

1/ I/m too old and have too many health issues since running myself through with some concrete reo-bars a few years back to be bothered setting up a cottage industry and my health problems means I couldn't guarantee consistent supply of orders as I never know when some kak is gonna land me in hospital again.

2/ the restrictions on my pension that took me a solid year of battling soulless automatons in the welfare department to finally be approved for strictly prohibit me from earning any form of supplemental income no matter how miniscule... stupid but there it is.

anyway I'd rather give them away and spread a bit of happy around :D
Old 04-30-2022, 12:55 AM

Speaking of which here is the next little supplement...
Ladies, Gentlemen and those who have yet to make up your minds... I introduce you to (insert Fanfare) "Part 9"
Attached Thumbnails
Model-Kom Topol-M 1/25 scale-part-9-6.jpg   Model-Kom Topol-M 1/25 scale-part-9-8.jpg   Model-Kom Topol-M 1/25 scale-part-9-10.jpg  
Old 04-30-2022, 02:20 AM

STL Printer files

Ok as promised here are the STL 3D printer files for the various parts of the Model-Kom Topol-M kit.
These are stored on my Google file box thingy and can only be accessed by this link.

The files are free to download and print but are strictly for personal *NON COMMERCIAL* use only.

you may not share them to other forums or groups without my explicit permission and under no circumstances can you sell either the files themselves or the printed end result. if that happens and I find out the access will immediately be revoked for everyone.

I did (and am continuing to do) the hard work to draw all these up and my intention is that they be free for use but not to make money for someone who put no effort into it.

Update your browser to use Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Sites, Slides, and Forms - Google Drive Help

Enjoy
Old 04-30-2022, 02:41 AM

Thank you, that's very generous of you...hoping to get a student ID soon to I can access some reasonably priced software while the opportunity last...

Sympathise re having to rely on the government (and all the attendant restrictions) to get by...
Google Adsense
Old 04-30-2022, 08:01 AM

Part 10 done and dusted... will be added to the download file shortly
Attached Thumbnails
Model-Kom Topol-M 1/25 scale-part-10-3.jpg   Model-Kom Topol-M 1/25 scale-part-10-2.jpg   Model-Kom Topol-M 1/25 scale-part-10-1.jpg  
Old 04-30-2022, 05:37 PM

Sad to say it but if you post your files the way you have, it's pretty likely that someone will just trawl them up and post them online elsewhere anyway. Piracy and digital theft are the bane of paper modelling and, iguess, 3D modelling now too.

An alternative may be for anyone building this model to contact you and you could send them a personal link to the folder; or maybe talk to the admins here (@admin ?) about having them loaded into a folder in the forum download section so then there is some control and oversight over who is d/l them...

Tags
model-kom, topol-m