PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 06-17-2022, 01:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 82.1 KB
Heavy Tank No VI/Tiger I

Buen día foro.
En esta ocasión les quiero presentar uno de mis últimos proyectos, el Heavy Tank No VI, un Tiger que debía servir en las fuerzas blindadas japonesas y que ha ganado cierta fama gracias a los videojuegos.

Utilice el modelo de Tiger ofrecido por WoPT y recree un camuflaje que fue utilizado poco antes de la guerra. Las inscripciones son personalizadas, por lo que no tienen una connotación histórica. La escala es 1:50

Les cuento un poco de su historia:
El 24 de noviembre de 1943 un grupo de 12 oficiales japoneses llegaron a Alemania para inspeccionar una serie de tanques de su aliado, teniendo especial interés en el Tiger I con el cual quedaron fascinados por su diseño. Como bien sabemos la mayoría de los tanques japoneses no suponían un reto para el Sherman, por lo que acudieron a los blindados alemanes para investigar si era fiable crear una serie que se les asemejara o de ser posible fabricarlos bajo licencia en Japón.
Tras una serie de pruebas compraron el Tiger por el doble de su precio normal y este debía ser enviado a Japón, pero debido a que ambos países no tenían medios adecuados para transportarlo el tanque se quedó varado en Francia hasta el 6 de junio de 1944 cuando regreso al servicio alemán

English version:
Good morning forum.
On this occasion I want to present one of my latest projects, the Heavy Tank No VI, a Tiger that was to serve in the Japanese armored forces and has gained some fame thanks to video games.

Use the Tiger model offered by WoPT and recreate a camouflage that was used shortly before the war. The inscriptions are personalized, so they do not have a historical connotation. The scale is 1:50

I will tell you a little about its history:
On November 24, 1943, a group of 12 Japanese officers arrived in Germany to inspect a series of tanks from their ally, taking special interest in the Tiger I with which they were fascinated by its design. As we well know, most Japanese tanks were not a challenge for the Sherman, so they went to German armor to investigate if it was reliable to create a series that resembled them or if it was possible to manufacture them under license in Japan.
After a series of tests they bought the Tiger for twice its normal price and it was to be sent to Japan, but because both countries did not have adequate means of transporting it, the tank was stranded in France until June 6, 1944 when return to german service

Heavy Tank No VI/Tiger I-1.jpgHeavy Tank No VI/Tiger I-2.jpgHeavy Tank No VI/Tiger I-3.jpgHeavy Tank No VI/Tiger I-4.jpg
Google Adsense
Old 06-25-2022, 08:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 451.36 MB
Did you reference Girls und Panzer's Turtle Team? BTW it seems you used a Navy flag; the Imperial Army's version has the sun centered.
Old 07-10-2022, 11:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 82.1 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfuruti View Post
Did you reference Girls und Panzer's Turtle Team? BTW it seems you used a Navy flag; the Imperial Army's version has the sun centered.
Hi and sorry for replying so late.
I didn't really make a reference to the Tiger from that anime, although I would like to make the one from Maho from the Kuromorimine school, although that would be later.
Going back to the model, I was mostly inspired by the following illustration to do it. Regarding the flag, as in the illustration I planned to place the national one but I had some problems when editing it and I better opted to place the Rising Sun flag, which did not give me problems when adapting its scale. Personally, I liked the latter better, I think it makes it stand out, although the national flag can be seen on the lower front plate.
Heavy Tank No VI/Tiger I-c244d5af995546848f59f9f88a145318.jpg