PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 03-26-2024, 10:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
I have had to switch to Crafters Pick white glue on occasion when faced with glossy card stock. It seems to work a little better than Aleenes in that scenario.

But if all else fails, break out the superglue.....

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
Early GPM SdKfz 251-received_1192180344998713.jpg  
Old 03-26-2024, 11:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by modelperry View Post
. . .Crafters Pick white glue . . .

Greg
I’m not familiar with that brand — looks like a trip to Hobby Lobby is imminent.
Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
Despite my silence, I’ve been working on this model pretty steadily. It hasn’t gone particularly well, but I have reached the milestone of getting the tracks, front wheel suspension, and tires on. No matter what I tried, the drive sprockets interfere with everything around them, and they aren’t even close to being in the position marked on the hull. I had them glued on, then had to cut them back off so I could wrap the track around them and glue the assembly on as a unit, before wrapping the track around the road wheels. The drive sprockets went on pigeon-toed, as shown in the second picture. Also, I had glued the track blocks on before getting Greg’s valuable hint about a better glue for the glossy silver paper, so track blocks have been falling off like cherry blossoms ever since. I did manage to get the guide teeth to go into the correct position relative to all the road wheels, though it was a struggle.

Once the track was in place, I put the front suspension and tires together and in place. The diagrams were confusing or possibly just plain wrong. I’m not at all sure I put it together right. I didn’t find reference photos of the underside of this vehicle, but I did find a video of the building of a recent plastic version that was immensely helpful.

At any rate, pigeon-toed-tracks notwithstanding, I’m happy to have that part behind me. All that is left now are small bits, with the most significant part being the 7.5 gun. Besides that there is the machine gun and things like the light, mirror, tow hooks, hitch, etc. They should be much more fun than the running gear.
Attached Thumbnails
Early GPM SdKfz 251-img_3222.jpg   Early GPM SdKfz 251-img_3219.jpg   Early GPM SdKfz 251-img_3221.jpg  
Old Today, 12:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Despite the problems you described (which must be very frustrating!) you have done an excellent job

Erik