PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 04-09-2010, 02:24 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Got the 3D version of the Comet. Thanks. I've got to reread the thread a little closer this time. Well, I'm moving right along on my mini Su 100. The rear deck and fuel tanks are on. All that's left now is the main gun and mantlet. I rotated part A 90 degrees to align it with the paper grain. Easier to roll, and it won't crinkle - important in this tiny scale. I also printed a second copy of A and B on regular printer paper - I may wrap a thinned down Q-tip shaft instead of rolling the gun from card stock. What did you make those miniscule Comet machine guns from? They look great.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I see. Ok, this mistake will be repaired in next release.
List of plaque is quiet old, so new models are missing. In next release will be update (if you want to, I can make plaque for SU, it's in fact very easy)
Old 04-09-2010, 02:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
@Rockpaperscissor: No problem! Always happy to help I didn't think of it like that, I've always had a problem rolling cylinders and you can see that in the barrels of my tanks. So after finishing it with cardstock, wrap it around with printer paper? Sounds pretty feasible, I'll try it next time. I tried using a Q-tip's shaft for the turret but I thought it was a little too big. However, for my Comet I did use a thin rod to hold the cylinder together.
The machine guns were made from .07 led pieces which I cut down to fit the cylinder templates which are in the top left hand corner of the Comet templates. Then, I wrapped them around part 20, and rinse and repeat. I will use staples for railings when I'm finished with the tracks. I also made the antenna by using a small guitar string and cutting it to the appropriate length. After, I wrapped it around a small piece of paper.

@Paran: Cool, thanks! Actually, I already took the liberty of making a plaque for the SU 100 by editing the plaque in Paint. I will rebuild the stand in the near future because there's a gigantic glue smear on the right side that really bugs me.
Attached Thumbnails
1:100 Tanks-105_3922.jpg   1:100 Tanks-105_3923.jpg  
Old 04-09-2010, 03:04 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Most paper has a distinct grain that is normally oriented lengthwise on the sheet. If you picture a sheet of paper as a mat of drinking straws all lined up along the length, rolling a lengthwise tube would be easy. If you tried to roll that mat of straws widthwise, you'd have to break the straws in the process - resulting in crinkles. Not only is it harder to do, the result is often disappointing. Orientation of the parts on the page is often dictated by available space, rather than by paper grain direction. When I see a part oriented wrong for rolling I'll usually move it 90 degrees. If there's not enough room I may have to use a separate piece of paper with just the offending parts on it. Thank heaven for Photoshop.

Last edited by rockpaperscissor; 04-09-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:16 AM

Ok, I made new base, with actual list of plaques and I translate them to English.
Download here:
eDisk v.2: Staナセenテ* souboru "Base.rar" (816.34 KB)
or
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
Google Adsense
Old 04-13-2010, 11:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
Just finished the Comet tonight! (Whew) I'll have some pictures up tomorrow since it's too dark to take anything. It was a fantastic experience building it, and I would definitely recommend it. I still want to add more details to the tank like the railings and lights, but I'm trying to find substitutes for those pieces. Up next, the Mk IV, then the Bradley

Last edited by The Orange; 04-14-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:19 PM

chcel by som sa spytat ci niekto z vas nema maly model king tigra na stiahnutie
Old 12-05-2012, 03:21 PM

orange have you got any mini model of king tiger?
Old 12-05-2012, 06:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 198.27 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by misek12 View Post
orange have you got any mini model of king tiger?
SEGA has one in 1/72 scale but I do not know how to download it.
See:
アドバンスド大戦略>特集>ペーパークラフト・モデル>TIGER II

The Zealot forum has a Tiger II in 1/100 scale.
Zealot Hobby Forum
However, you must be a Zealot member and make 10 posts on the forum before you have access to the downloads.

Yoshidom has a white model of a Tiger 2 in 1/72 scale.
Y's Paper Modelworkshop / Models by Visiters

Ken
Old 12-06-2012, 06:34 AM

can you download from this forum???
Google Adsense