PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Article Discussions

Old 01-01-2022, 03:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.48 GB
Issac
No real purpose of the question, except that like many other questions that have been posted.....asking for info and advise..but do feel free to tell us what you think no real purpose in answering JK happy new year
Old 01-01-2022, 04:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Weir View Post
Issac
No real purpose of the question, except that like many other questions that have been posted.....asking for info and advise..but do feel free to tell us what you think no real purpose in answering JK happy new year

Peter

Let us know what you are looking for. Many of us here are experienced in building various models.

Isaac
Old 01-01-2022, 04:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.48 GB
Not really looking for anything in particular, jsut was wondering what greatest model is , but i think that it has answered itself....experience, skill, likes, price, # parts....so many criteria...easy for some complicated to others, ect...
thanks again
Old 01-02-2022, 02:47 PM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
do a scratchbuild or heavily modify an existing design....although I think Bhaad's Warlord Titan is pretty epic...
Attached Thumbnails
Most detailed, complicated Paper model on the market-ft1.jpg   Most detailed, complicated Paper model on the market-lhfttop.jpg  

Last edited by ARMORMAN; 01-03-2022 at 02:44 AM.
Old 01-02-2022, 04:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 185.34 MB
"Complicated" is a relative term

My definition of "complicated" is just how many sub assemblies are required. It really all boils down to that. Even the B-24 Liberators built during WW2 were just a matter of breaking down the assembly process to small componet parts, then aseembling them in turn until the finished plane was done.

Although, looking at the POTM for this month I'd have to say THAT model would efinitely be in the running for the most complicated honors.
Google Adsense
Old 01-02-2022, 08:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway?

And what good are Hot Water Heaters? ...hot water doesn't need heating.

Can't we just ask questions for the fun of it all?
lol apparently not according to some
Old 01-02-2022, 08:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikischutt View Post
This one for me:

Supplier page
Navy Supply Vessel Berlin/Frankfurt am Main - fentens Papermodels

Build/photo thread
HMV EGV Berlin am Main 1:250

Super detailed and an insane build. Over 6000 individual parts. I'd buy this kit just to stare at it (unbuilt...)
without wishing to scare anyone off them i would say--as far as ships are concerned HMV would be the most complicated and detailed yes
Old 01-02-2022, 10:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
To me a complicated model is one of a particular subject matter that I have no interest in. For example... I'm not a ship modeler or a sci-fi type of guy, in fact I'm not all that crazy about airplanes either, these subjects just don't interest me. Therefore, if I was tasked to undertake a build of one of these subjects, I'd probably not do that great of a job. I just wouldn't have my heart into it and would not enjoy the process at all. Now on the other hand if you told me to build a Halinsky Tiger tank I'd be like OK Let's do this! Even though there are a million parts and a countless number of repetitive track and wheel pieces it's something I really like so I don't find it all that difficult. Essentially all paper modeling breaks down to the same basic skills - score, fold and glue. That is not to say it would not be time consuming and it may take years to complete but I would not find the construction part of it difficult because I enjoy and am interested in the subject matter.
Each person is at a different skill level and we all have our limitations but the more you work at it and the more experience you get the better you become and the complicated models become fewer and fewer.

Just my two cents
Old 01-03-2022, 12:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
In my library, it would probably have to be the Model-Kom 1/25 SS-27 Topol. The sheer size of the thing adds to its complexity...
Old 01-03-2022, 09:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 111.53 MB
Yes, it's a question which asks more questions.....so, I'm just going to keep it to my own experience of what I have found 'complex'.

I especially love models of buildings - ancient and modern. I posted some pics only yesterday of my Sander's Stonehenge model and I've recently made a model of the Guggenheim, Bilbao museum. These may be separated by 5,000 years but both models have an abundance of curves and a lack of straight lines! And no two pieces are the same!

While some, like the Brandenburg Gate, have lots of perpendicular elements and repetition!

I've made tiny models only 5cm across to the Guggenheim which has the largest footprint in my collection at over 50cm across. Both have advantages and disadvantages! But both provide great satisfaction when achieved - which is why we all love what we do, right!?

I've made figures too - like Lara Croft and Baymax - each presented challenges!

Here are my favourites.....

Happy New Year to everyone

Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Most detailed, complicated Paper model on the market-20210630_152356.jpg   Most detailed, complicated Paper model on the market-20211218_165922.jpg   Most detailed, complicated Paper model on the market-20210601_194409.jpg   Most detailed, complicated Paper model on the market-20210317_163230.jpg   Most detailed, complicated Paper model on the market-20210601_195859.jpg  

Google Adsense