PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-29-2010, 03:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Mitsubishi A6M2 Model 21 - GPM N° 39

Well, thats my first post since I joined the Papermodelers.com community and I hope you enjoy it. I want to show my first ever model I build. It´s a Mitsubishi A6M2 Model 21, WW2 Japanese Warbird. I choose that model because I think it´s one of the most famous WW2 fighter, an one of the best (at least at the begining of war).
First a little history about this aircraft:

It was the aircraft flown by Tadao Kimura on the 2nd Wave that hit Pearl Harbour on December 7, 1941. He was the Wingman of Lt. Saburo Shindo, Leader of Fighter Hikotais of 2nd Wave of 1st, 2nd, and 5th Air Squadron. The aircraft belonged to the Akagi Kanjo Sentokitai (Akagi Carrier Fight Unit).

Hope you like it!

Greetings from Argentina!
Attached Thumbnails
-1.jpg   -2.jpg   -3.jpg   -4.jpg   -5.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 10-29-2010, 06:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Very nice, clean build. AND well presented in clear, in-focus pictures.

What scale is it?

Congrats,

SFX
Old 10-29-2010, 06:57 PM

Thanks, Swampfox!. A very encouraging comment for me to continue this beautiful hobbie!. The scale is 1/33. But can vary because it is a printed copy, and that does not ensure that the scale remains the same than the original. Here, in Argentina, the original kits are very rare, and when you find someone, the price is too high that make it prohibitive. So the only way I have is make a good print, and build it thinking (and trusting) that the scale remains unchanged.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:06 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
When you scanned the kit, did you ensure your scanner page settings matched the booklet page sizes?

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Emmanuel,
You are new to the hobby so you are probably unaware that downloading and building scanned copies of printed kits is piracy and we do not approve of it here. If you have the printed copy in your possesion then everything is fine and forget what I said.
Printed kits might be rare and expensive in Argentina, but there are plenty of downloadable kits you can purchase over the net for very little money.

Model - if this is your first ever kit then you did pretty good job, especially considering the fact that this is a very old kit and as such has it share of problems...
Google Adsense
Old 10-29-2010, 08:08 PM

Thanks, Gremir!. I copy the kit from a lot of original kits I found with some friends on a book store that went out of business, and to no destroy the originals, we all make a copy of the model one decided to build. Thats the reason I have made a copy. As I said, is a very rare hobby here, so we decided to protect the originals we can find. As you said, the kit looks very old, and ensambling it was a nightmare; no one piece embedded properly with the others. So I had to make many adjustments on pieces to make them fits correctly.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:20 PM

Texman, I take that care, but I started to doubt of the scale by the fact that the pieces didnt fit correctly. As I said to Gremir, was a nightmare make them fit.

Tags
a6m, a6m2, mitsubishi, zero 21