PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 02-03-2011, 10:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmr248 View Post
Looking forward to seeing the DC-3 build. I have seen it e-bay and wondered what the final product would be. Now I get to see it. Looking forward to the build. Joe
Jim
Thanks I will start on it by Saturday, I an behind schedule got to follow suit to get all these builds done at once. thanks jim.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
I am also looking forward to seeing the Alan Rose DC-3 come together. I saw the kit at last years convention, but never really took the time to look thru the pages. Is it true that it's just the front half of the aircraft? Can't wait, this will be quite an impressive model when complete.

Glad to hear you finally got you power back on. Now you can thaw out your fingers and get to work.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:22 AM

B-17G 1/48 Build Take Two

Ahoy all crew.

Its been a winter hell out here in Ohio. I hope my Nearby home brother Issac is alright as well. We had a history ice age winter that hit us lstarting Monday morning. I put my big boone Docker in my mouth when ?I saiud let snow anbd let it blow. At 10:48 Tuesday morning everything outside was iceing up trees snapping appart as if freezed dried and shattered like glass. we had our electric out for 2 days no heatall the trees came crashing down on power lines. Ships work was knocked off. It was getting very cold aboard ship, My thermastat registered 35 degrees. Time to abbandon ship My Firstmate and I grabbed out three little Rat Terriers went to my Daughter house thank heavens for famiily if it wasn,t for my kids Old boats would be a walking snowman all pecterfied.

At 10:30 this morning our electric has been restored everytthing back to normal. Now I can turn two on the B-17 and Friday I can attack the Tigercat Saturday the colossal DC3. I will be posting the B-17 pictured tonight.my knuckledragger hands are all defrossted I can turn two Now.

Boats Happy Happy Happy
Attached Thumbnails
Colossal side by side by side builds-78-44.jpg   Colossal side by side by side builds-popeye-590x442.jpg  
Old 02-03-2011, 11:42 PM

Fuselodge assembly

B-17 build day one

Ahoy
the Storm is over and I am back at work again glad its all over with, Now trying to get back on schedule for today I have most of the fuselodge assembly finished following the numerical sequence. HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm this build looks familar, for the new 1/48 scale there are no fit issues at all goes together a lot better then the 1/33 scale. I liie the cardstock Ron has employed on this kit, Hardy Well Done Ron, Starting with part No. 1 the radiomans compartment for those who want to use the kits intereir this procedure must be followed you start with this assembly it will guide you into the forward and aft sections of the fuselodge, if you select not to it dont matter where you start, the radiomans compartment is detasiled per kit for 1/48 scale there were no fit problems at all building this assembly 4 times I can now do it blind folded. but dont try that yet,Letting the after fuselodge dry for the night Tommorow I will burnish it and go to the next build Here are the update pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Colossal side by side by side builds-pict0018.jpg   Colossal side by side by side builds-pict0019.jpg   Colossal side by side by side builds-pict0020.jpg  
Old 02-04-2011, 10:14 AM

Build No.2 Flymodel F7F Tigercat

Ahoy all crew

Whilr my 1/48 scale B-17 is drying I will start Build No.two. this is one of gomix Flymodels first kit the Grumman F7F Tigercat. Reviewing the kit typical flymodel standards. the kit also has folding wings like that of my Skyraider. the kit in general isn,t compicated but then no a kit for the novis,after building a feward kits the novis wouldnmt have to much difficulty in constructing this kit. Very colorfull all blue with green squadron markings. will have pictures later today and so on as the build procedes.

The Build Begins
Old 02-04-2011, 10:39 AM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Hello Boats,
Are you going to cut up the original of the DC3?, Just wondering, I'm lucky to have one, but still reluctant to cut up a 175$ or more model
Old 02-04-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy.leliveld View Post
Hello Boats,
Are you going to cut up the original of the DC3?, Just wondering, I'm lucky to have one, but still reluctant to cut up a 175$ or more model
Billy
Yes Sir, going to attack her tommorow, as per schedule. I thought i was behind schedule when my electric went out but i am right on schedule

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Colossal side by side by side builds-popeye-590x442.jpg  
Old 02-04-2011, 10:53 AM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Cool , I'll be watching !
Old 02-04-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy.leliveld View Post
Cool , I'll be watching !

Billy
Thanks Billy, I be starting on her tommorow as per schedule looks like its going to be a big model when finished

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Colossal side by side by side builds-popeye-590x442.jpg  
Old 02-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Please?? Post build pics!! I wanna see the innards of these there birds and boats. It'd be edifying to me and interestin' too!! I feels flabbergasted and befuddled by yer pumpin' them outs, like Liberty ships in the big one. I'd like to take a few ganders at the ladies before your dress 'em up and see's what makes 'em tick. Like Betty Boop below!!
Attached Thumbnails
Colossal side by side by side builds-popeye2.jpg  
Google Adsense