PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-03-2011, 07:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 118.07 MB
Me 109F-4 AH Kartonowy Arsenal 4/2005 by Paolo vanKossi

Hi everyone,

I am a paper modeler from Poland living in UK. I would like to present my work with paper models on this forum. This is my first time building report in English, so please excuse me for silly language mistakes I might make.

My first model build report here will be quite unusual because the model is already advanced in 90%, but despite of this I decided to share my experiences with you. Well, some time ago I bought this paper model in an antique shop. The model was missing pages from templates and assembly drawings of the wings. The succor came to me with the help of members of polish paper modeler’s forum: Papermodels. Thus was born the idea in my head to deal with a bit more difficult matter what the models from Halinski are and I decided to start assembly it and that way you can see what is present in the image below:

Looking at the various paper modelers forums, I began to study the matter concerning the models from Halinski and got goose bumps on the back. I began to wonder whether or manage it through this task. The move followed the printer and scanner, and thus created what a moment you will see at the pictures below.

First, a few general shots:

I am building a model using three types of glue: Brand Clear Glue as the main, contact adhesive glue, super glue.
Model build is very pleasant but model as itself is very demanding and does not forgive mistakes. The most difficult part of what is air filter cover but I'm happy because I managed to do it without any filler and the painting but unfortunately the "solid" retouching is noticeable. I am most pleased with the exhaust manifolds. And now, let me insert a few close-ups of the more interesting elements of the model:

Cockpit

Oh, poor fellow here was crowded.

Nose of the aircraft:

That air filter and unlucky retouching.

The wings of the aircraft and their mechanics, the ailerons and flaps "bumps" on its belly:

When I assembled all of it as tilted the aircraft has began to look very interesting.

Main undercarriage and tail wheel:

Tires unfortunately are "bald". The mechanics must provide to the report. I am most pleased with the implementation of the main landing gear wheels. The tread is still out of my league.

That's all for today folks. I would be grateful for your any feedback regarding my work on the model.

To be continued...
Google Adsense
Old 04-04-2011, 03:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.91 GB
Thank you for sharing Paolo.
You are demonstrating some very highly developed modelling skills here. Your technique is very precise, neat and clean. I for one have problems with the trailing edges of wings, but yours are amazing! I shall be watching so that I may pick up some tips along the way.

Happy modelling
Bernie
Old 04-04-2011, 05:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
This is really wonderful.

I'm amazed at the beauty and great technique.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
There is some exceptional skill on display there! Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 24.50 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to leclerc
Impressive model with high skills techniques. I will learn good things by watching you sir.

Greetings from Indonesia
ARDI
Google Adsense