PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2011, 02:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Fokker Dr1 Tr- Plane

Ahoy been to busy flying my models and away from the builds in which i will get started starting with the conclusion of the DC3, Here is a scratcg job made from carfdstock wood and paper. this is a flying model I builr many years agao i cant remember when but i was young ans still knuckledragging in the Navy. I built this free flight gas job the Red Barron,s famous Fokker DR1 Tri plane this model stays in the air forever when powered by a 1959 O.49 Baby Bee engine. when the gas runs out she comes down fast not much of a long glide pattern. the ship is trimmed with left or right rudder and the stabilizers are movable for trimming. she will fly in a left hand circle for 4 minutes until the gas runs out and she will glide back to earth in a right hand glide to keep from chaseing it. I flew it yesterday for the first time scince 1970. I was amazed it still flew. the plane was built useing cleveland design model plans these plans are a treasure to behold Edward Packer is a master in designing such great designs of a bygone age of model airplane development. Heree is the Red Hen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0009.JPG (82.7 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0010.JPG (69.0 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0011.JPG (83.4 KB, 105 views)