PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-12-2011, 05:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Israeli Boeing Stearman Kaydet, 1/50 scale

Its been a long while so I decided to actually build a model again. This is a Fiddler's Green model repainted in Israeli livery and rescaled to 1/50 scale. This red plane is one of two still air worthy Stearmans in Israeli service. The Boeing Stearman Kaydet remained in active service with the IAF until the mid 1950s. On my model i pretty much went stock, and did not attempt the rigging. The prop is one area that I strayed from stock on as I did not like the flat fold over prop. I seemed to have missed place the good camera (which means the kids took it and didn't put it back!) so I had to use the good old web cam, so sorry if the pictures are not as clear as they might of otherwise been. The last picture is of the original plane at the IAF museum.
CT
Attached Thumbnails
Israeli Boeing Stearman Kaydet, 1/50 scale-picture0004.jpg   Israeli Boeing Stearman Kaydet, 1/50 scale-picture0007.jpg   Israeli Boeing Stearman Kaydet, 1/50 scale-picture0009.jpg   Israeli Boeing Stearman Kaydet, 1/50 scale-picture0010.jpg   Israeli Boeing Stearman Kaydet, 1/50 scale-stearman.jpg  

Old 04-13-2011, 04:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Nice! Very clean build.

Excellent profile!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
Very nice! I have the IAF magazine Stearman in Grey somewhere in my stash of stuff. It wasn't any more detailed than the FG version You have built! Yours in fact looks much better!
Old 04-14-2011, 05:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
I was actually surprised by the details included in the as printed kit with the individual cylinder heads and multiple piece wigs. As with all Fiddler's Green models it is a solid base for the basic plane, and ready made for those who like adding details. I have seen pictures of the gray Israeli Stearman flying at air shows complete with a flag mounted on the upper wing. If I do this plane again I think I might add some more details like rods and pipes on the engine and do a better job on the cockpits.
CT
Old 04-17-2011, 11:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Nice to see your build CT this was my first design for FG and was hand drafted with photoshop lines and details. It also had a continental 200hp engine but Chip didn't like it so included a radial already on file. You did a nice job getting the wings leveled up... some of those things take a good "eye"