PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-01-2011, 10:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.42 MB
Flying

Hi Deckape,

Glad to here you are fired-up. There something special about feeling that airplane at the end of the lines! My favorite is the stick and tissue FF with the sun shining thru .... just lovely.
Say, I have an old Meta Models P-66 that needs building and while looking for more info on that obscure plane found plans for an Earl Stahl stick and tissue rubber FF. Guess I'll have to build two P-66's.

Thanks for the unusual posts,
George
Old 05-02-2011, 12:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by glounsbury View Post
Hi Deckape,

Glad to here you are fired-up. There something special about feeling that airplane at the end of the lines! My favorite is the stick and tissue FF with the sun shining thru .... just lovely.
Say, I have an old Meta Models P-66 that needs building and while looking for more info on that obscure plane found plans for an Earl Stahl stick and tissue rubber FF. Guess I'll have to build two P-66's.

Thanks for the unusual posts,
George

Thanks George
Being all bogged down due to winter and one hell of a one, Its time to enjoy the fruites of R and R doing some controll line flying. I love free flight as well i have a few free flight jobs i fly here nad then But Flying these old Ukies brings me back to my second boyhood. Here is another treat I flew this one yesterday at the metro park there must have been 50 people out there watching this old buzzard swinging a 1960 vintage biplane around in circles. they have never seen anything like this everyone of them replied to me that looks like fun we never seen that before. WOWWWWWWWWWWWWwwww what a different universe we live in today. any way here is my 1960 Sterling PT-17 Stearman Crop Duster in her splendered color of chrome yellow.YES there is an engine in this one I broke down and installed a OS. Max 0.20 engine running on a three line roberts system that controll s the throttle and elevator. Thanks George.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
My Classic Bipelane collection-pict0013.jpg   My Classic Bipelane collection-pict0014.jpg   My Classic Bipelane collection-pict0015.jpg   My Classic Bipelane collection-pict0016.jpg   My Classic Bipelane collection-pict0017.jpg  

Old 05-05-2011, 04:48 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

Hey there Skipper great models and stories to go with them. A breath of fresh air is all you needed and a warm sunny day - what a BUZZ it must be to get these all out and fly 'em I'd guess you'd get some kind of audience with these beauties, and the sound they make at full throttle is awesome. My dad made the huge FREE FLIGHT gliders with de-thermalizers built in - man they could get really high altitude, they looked like tiny things when high up. Great to see all these models from you
Old 05-18-2011, 03:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.09 MB
Nice!

Nice collection! You should post these pic's in RC Groups under the Controll Line section. Morain, Oh is a quaint town, my childhood friend lives at the end of the runway at Moraine (International) Air Park. There is a biplane fly-in, Wacos, I think, once a year there.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlazarus6660 View Post
Nice collection! You should post these pic's in RC Groups under the Controll Line section. Morain, Oh is a quaint town, my childhood friend lives at the end of the runway at Moraine (International) Air Park. There is a biplane fly-in, Wacos, I think, once a year there.
Ahoy
Yes I live right accross the airport I know Jim and susan Hines they own 5 waco bipes 2 1931 Greatlakes 2T bipe on a nice day they fly them all day long. I,m building a Waco YMF5 next week i will post this here for everyone to see. Here are a couple pictures of the fuselage assembly. thanks for the reply I am honered small world no error.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
My Classic Bipelane collection-22465.jpg   My Classic Bipelane collection-22466.jpg