PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-21-2011, 03:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Rons40,s memorial B-17 build

Ahoy all crew

I played enough on my RC toys now its time to get back to buisness. This Monday I am starting a 1/33 scale B-17 Memorial buildin the honer of our lost and great friend Mr. Ronald Hall. when I have the ship finished I will have his name on the bottom left side of the fuselage. I think rons spirit will be pleased to see this. I feel this would be a great thing to do in his honer to our lost friend and shipmate. so please stand by I will start this build this monday.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-pict0005.jpg  
Old 05-21-2011, 04:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
looking forward to it
Old 05-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
This will be wonderful Skipper, Ron will be looking over you while you build it. God bless you for doing this for your friend.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
A wonderful tribute that will make to your friend Ron and our friend
Old 05-21-2011, 06:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
It will be great to see this at 1/33!!!

Will be watching
That's a good way to honor Ron.

Google Adsense
Old 05-21-2011, 10:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Excellent Tribute...
Old 05-23-2011, 04:30 PM

The Build Begins

Ahoy
As of now 18:00 hrs I am starting Rons memorial B-17 build, This build will be more depth with close up pictures and building sequence as Ron would have it built himself and the way the kit was designed. I am building this at the scale of 1/33 another big one, My beloved Friend that has passed into a better world gave the rights of this kit to Mr. Ruben Andreas Ruben has total comtrol on the kit as how he will distribute it. there is still alot more work that needs to be done to make this kit complete, As I will attack this wonderfull B-17 for the 7th time will be a special build I will have Rons name on the lower lefthand side of the fuselage, The name of his ship will be Ron40 On the build for the benefit of the modler who wants to build this kit and to build this kit only and not stash it on the top shelve of the closet Ron would not approve,

Tonight I will start posting update pictures and the assembly procedure and do and donts of the construction. alot of the assembly directions are posted on our famous B-17 Side by Side thread with thfour buildewrs includeing our beloved Ron. and the finished product which i concluded, The landing gear assembly was put on hold due to some redigning of the wingspars and reinforcement inner wing ribs, Ron ask me to complete the build with wheels up, The wheels will be down on this one. As for Donations to the cancer fund it should be made in the Honer of Rons name along with the donations what ever you can efford will be a good cause to destroy this menicing desease that kill millions.

Before the assembly

I would love to thank everyone here from my heart to rons sister shirl A HARDY THANK YOU For all your condolences Rons Family Rons spirit still lives through us and the forum with this build it will keep Ron alive,

Thank you Shipmates

Boats

THE BUILD BEGINS
Attached Thumbnails
Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-pict0001.jpg  
Old 05-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Your crew is on standby Skipper - Onwards and upwards.... the skies the limit. Ron is keeping his eye on us all here. This will be a FANTASTIC way to remember him by.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:06 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
This is I expect just the first of the tirbute builds to Ron, nice to see one of his good friends build it as well.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:20 PM

Contruction of the radiomans compartment part 1

Ahoy
Before I procede this kit has an option either you can build it with or without the intereir details provided in the kit. If the builder decides to build it without the interers the kit can be built anyway the builder choses.

Ok as to the construction of the radiomans compartment part 1 I cant stress it anymore then possible the starting point in the constructuion of this model if adding the details is you must start with part 1 follow the numeral sequence of construction if the builder takes it on his own not to a go ahead and start from part 13 then work aft he will run into trouble. Part 1 is the key of the alignment of the interier parts so please follow the numeral sequence. The interier part 1a has to be trimmed off on the front and rear sides to confincate the fittings of the formers parts G and F. 3/32snd have to be trimmed if not it will effect part 1 makeing it oversize and part 2 wont fit . the bottom of part 1a has to be trimmed to 3/16ths see the photo if you dont same for the front and rear sides will effect the whole fuselage structure. Here below is the layout of part 1 and 1a,

Next construction of the details parts and formers

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-pict0001.jpg   Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-pict0002.jpg   Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-pict0003.jpg   Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-pict0004.jpg