PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 06-20-2011, 01:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 179.62 MB
Every kit deserves its oportunity to become a reality!
Old 06-20-2011, 08:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
wing assembly and installation

Ahoy
The build still continues. as for the update of today the wing assembly and their intallation on te photos below show the wing layour and th spars and the installation. the wing are nothing unusaul here they go together very well without fuss no fit issues were incountered i am getting to like these ol Geli kits I thought Gomix flymodel was the cats meyow. BNut like all card model kit manufactures they have their own charm. Once the wings were pre formed without creasing th leading edge i is tim to assemblt and install the wing spar and ribs in place. On the backing board there are 4 wing ribs and spar asseblie they are placed in position as shown on the photos set aside and let dry. then put the wing together the wing lines up very nicely without warps, once th wings were assembled i touched yo the trailing edges with green pencil, the wings are dry and it i time to install them to th fuselage. the center spar part 9 is glued nto position in the cutouts on th fuslage wingroot. th center psar is glued into the box type wing spars setting the intire structure aside for drying te next assembly will b the engine assemblies. here below are the photos of the day tommorow will be the engine placements. The first picture i th ships mascot Dixie our little Rat Terrier she checks on me once in a while.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0017.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0018.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0019.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0020.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0021.jpg  

Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0022.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0023.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0024.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0026.jpg  
Old 06-21-2011, 02:43 PM

Left Engine assembly

Ahoy
Build still continues, more updates by this evening for the assembly of today is the engine nacelles starting with the left engine there are 15 parts per engine assembly the photos below show the exploded views of the asembly and the complete assembly leting thi assembly dry proceeding with te right engine assembly there are nofot issues to thi kit so far a very simple pleasing kit to be enjoyed in construction wise and another collection to your your model collction Before both engine nacelles are installed i have to touch up the edgeing with color pencil here are the photos

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0001.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0002.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0003.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0004.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0005.jpg  

Old 06-21-2011, 03:16 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
You're really chugging along. Fuselage looks nice and straight. Nice job. Are you planning on a plastic canopy?
Old 06-21-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
You're really chugging along. Fuselage looks nice and straight. Nice job. Are you planning on a plastic canopy?

Ahoy Don
Yes I am going to go a head a make a accetate canopy it will enhance the kit and i am going to make some homade Exaust pipes as well the kit gives you a printing of te exaust sytem but i am going to make mine from paer tubeing. thanks don I am honered.

Boats
Old 06-21-2011, 09:24 PM

Left engine nacelle installation

Ahoy

Here are the update pictures of the night I installed the port engine nacelle to the left wing . Befre this unti was installed I touched up the white with oilive pencil. letting it dry tommorow will complete the other engine assembly and install same. there were no fit issues as to the fitting of the nacelle. Once I have the other engine installed I am going to make 24 exaust pipes from paper tubeing to give the exaust depth. I dont like it when its printed. Here are the update photos for the evening.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0001.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0002.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0003.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0004.jpg  
Old 06-22-2011, 08:25 PM

Engine nacelle assemlbly completeed

Ahoy
here are the update photos fo the evening the port engin nacelle assembly is completed and installed. all two engines hve been completed and installd. along wih the engines I intalled parts 33 the 2 inter cooler intakes om both wings hve been installed. I went ahead and made th decission to go a head and make the exaust pipes from paper . th kits exaust system are all printed to simulate th same, so by adding the pipes filled the bill.]

tommorow I will construct the landing gear I am, not going to use the kits landing gear, it is lacking detail so i am goin to detailthe landing gear, On the instruction manuel I was surprised i was in english a plus for Geli. the nstructions mentioned there is an option for the exstended landing gear arrangment th landing gear doors have to be cutted out on the engine nacelles. so i wil do same by removeing th printed landing gear doors, and make up some interi structures and add the landing gear and tail wheel as well. when this assembly is finished next will be te props an so on not much to building this kit so its a littl more then half done. So here are the photos for the evening.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0008.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0009.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0010.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0011.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0012.jpg  

Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0013.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0014.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0015.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0016.jpg  
Old 06-23-2011, 08:33 PM

Landing gear installation

Ahoy
Down hillslid now not much to this kit very elementry, for the update photos of the evening is the coonstruction and installation of the landing gear assembly. I decided to make my own landing gear the kits landing gear is toyish for me so I elected to make my own. First I rolled two tubes from paper cardstock. I made the scissors from scrap paper I reinforced the landing gear struts with cloths hanger wire. I made a tuibe in both nacelles so that the cloths hanger wire will slide through the tube. glues well and let dry. Made the tyres from backing material. tail wheel assembly recieved the same treatment.

Tommorow I should have this done all though it was short build not much to this kit. updates for tommorow and finished pictures willbe the four nose guns and the canopy assembly.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0001.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0003.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0006.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0007.jpg  
Old 06-24-2011, 11:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
I've built some Geli kits and I have to say your seam work is excellent. The thin paper on those kits is easy to buckle, but your wings are just wonderfully smooth! Make sure you get some good shots; you're in the running for POTW.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:56 PM

Shes finished

Ahoy

Okay Fellas shes all done now i can put my all into the whirlwind. Below are the finished pictures of the Messerschmitt 110 such a nice day outside I took advantage of some outdoor pictures that will do a little justice to her.

the kit

this is the first Geli kit i ever built it wasn,t a bad kit the paper was a little flimsy but with carefull hands and planning no wrinkled problems will arise. there aee a few things about the kit that I didn,t care tom uch for, 1. the petals on the nose piece but sometimes that cant be helped it takes that to just to form the rounded pointed nose piece. 2. The kis landing gear the landing gear struts are all lamininated pieces that make up the landing gear. I went ahaead and made my own. I was going to add wheel well interiers but decided not to so i blacked out the wheel wells I made the landing gear and restracting struts from paper rolled. the tyres are made from backing material from cerial box,s that I saved up.3. finally the canopy the canopy is all printed it call out in the instructions to cut out all the window openings but if I went ahead as I planed in the first place it would tear appart because of all the openings that need to be removed. so I went ahead and installed the canopy as is. it is effective but not eye catching, it serves its purpose.

The Geli kit in General is not a bad kit I like them the paper is all gloss makeing the build more plyable to construct.A few scratch built parts here and there fills the bill. when the model was completed i sprayed on 2 coats of Krylon clear letting the first coat dry and proceeded with the second coat and same dry.In the pictures you will see that pesky pilot showing off I dont understand that guy he is always out of uniform when he poses for a picture of my completed builds. with his scale it enhances the scale of the pilot with the aircraft,. Here are th pictures.

A Hardy Thank You

Before I close this thread I would love to thank everyone here who has viewed and repled to 110 I am honered to have suce a host of good friends and model builders here on this wonderfull forum you fellas make my day and keep me alive with more builds to come I am honered

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0001.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0002.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0003.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0004.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0005.jpg  

Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0006.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0007.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0008.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0009.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0010.jpg  

Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0011.jpg