PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 09-17-2010, 11:31 PM

Location: Skype: Chaiwat Kosatanakom Bkk, Thailand, RTAF air base
Total Downloaded: 0
Cool Lockheed F-80 Shooting star

Dear all,

Lockheed F-80 Shooting star is one of the most difficult aircraft for designing and assembly due to;

1. The nosecone has an extreme curve which mixing between the smooth beautiful curve but when you loook at the front of the aircraft, you need the body in triangle shape fuselage for letting the air intake in.
2. The air intake has its unique design that having small air inlet leading way before the air entring into the air intake. This area is the most classic air intake design in my opinion which you cannot find this type of design in any other aircraft except the T-33 and SAAB 32 Lansen.
3. The tail, vertical stablizer having the feeling and influential of WW II propeller fighter aircraft.

My T-33 and new F-80 model were done last week and eliminated this type of obstacle for anyone who love this bird. This is what I call the new era for modern paper aircraftd esign. With the reenforcement technique that I made the internal paper simple reenforcement structure (IPSRS) to let the paper get its simple structure the lead way for the outer paper skin then we can make such the beautiful classic smooth of the 50th era body line.

Last week, I just finish this new design and the IPSRS should change to IRSS (Internal Reenforcement Structure System) which you will use a paper as leading paper for the attachment of the skin paper.

Let see how it looks like: :D
Attached Thumbnails
Lockheed F-80 Shooting star-dsc02183.jpg   Lockheed F-80 Shooting star-dsc02184.jpg   Lockheed F-80 Shooting star-dsc02185.jpg   Lockheed F-80 Shooting star-dsc02187.jpg   Lockheed F-80 Shooting star-dsc02188.jpg  

Lockheed F-80 Shooting star-dsc02189.jpg   Lockheed F-80 Shooting star-dsc02186.jpg   Lockheed F-80 Shooting star-dsc02190.jpg   Lockheed F-80 Shooting star-dsc02191.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 09-18-2010, 07:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 71.56 MB
looks cool looks great chiawatkom
Old 09-19-2010, 10:10 PM

Lockheed T-33 & RT-33 Shooting star

Then.... I went to RTAF museum this morning for finding out more data to make my Shooting star having more concrete reference. Here they are....

The RT-33 Shooting star has difference nosecone from the original T-33 therefore the aerial cameras were placed into its nosecone position. This RT-33 A was once deployed with wing 56 at Hatyai airbase.

Also I took the picture to show the unique air intake design which all the paper modelers should bear in mind that this air intake is specific design with this bird.

Please notice the single seat and the avionic behind the pilot ejection seat for the RT-33 a version.
Attached Thumbnails
Lockheed F-80 Shooting star-dsc02261.jpg   Lockheed F-80 Shooting star-dsc02262.jpg   Lockheed F-80 Shooting star-dsc02263.jpg   Lockheed F-80 Shooting star-dsc02265.jpg   Lockheed F-80 Shooting star-dsc02266.jpg  

Lockheed F-80 Shooting star-dsc02267.jpg   Lockheed F-80 Shooting star-dsc02350.jpg   Lockheed F-80 Shooting star-dsc02354.jpg   Lockheed F-80 Shooting star-dsc02357.jpg  
Old 09-22-2010, 04:22 PM

Let see some different when I use high quality camera instaed of the mobile phone camera.
Attached Thumbnails
Lockheed F-80 Shooting star-img_1556.jpg   Lockheed F-80 Shooting star-img_1557.jpg   Lockheed F-80 Shooting star-img_1558.jpg  
Old 07-12-2011, 05:47 AM

yo my man hi there chiwat man is there any down load link for this no offens
Google Adsense
Old 07-12-2011, 08:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.41 MB
carefull....carefull!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 01:29 PM

this might not end well.....
Old 07-12-2011, 01:29 PM

Is this one going to be 1/200 like the others?
Old 07-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Jack,
The F-80/T-33 was as pretty an airplane as any. Almost an art-deco streamlining job(and far better looking than the few earlier or contemporaty jets).

Your wing root fairings, intakes, and nose look pretty good already. You might consider just having the parts edge glued - should be a strong enough connection at this scale. Alternately, very small tabs provide some room to adust the fit of the part against the fuselage ...

Looking great!

Yogi
Old 07-12-2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired_for_now View Post
Jack,
The F-80/T-33 was as pretty an airplane as any. Almost an art-deco streamlining job(and far better looking than the few earlier or contemporaty jets).

Your wing root fairings, intakes, and nose look pretty good already. You might consider just having the parts edge glued - should be a strong enough connection at this scale. Alternately, very small tabs provide some room to adust the fit of the part against the fuselage ...

Looking great!

Yogi
Dear Yogi,

It's great to have your comment with this tiny jet. Today these mini paper models become 1 or 2 feet long and testing for the duct fan and RC. These tiny jet will soon become a part of my history and store into the paper aircraft museum in the future.
Google Adsense