PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 07-22-2011, 12:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I'm also very sorry to hear about the build issues, but as a complete rookie who has thrown away a ton of models, it makes me wonder if that small detail has led to so many of the issues I've had building. That is something i have never thought of, I cut outside the lines on everything and have never thought twice...Orange, your "mistake" will be instructional to those of us who are new to the hobby.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
rmks2000: I understand the method of cutting in respect to lines differ from designers, but after doing build studies with the Spitfire (still need to get back to that), I gained a desire to cut inside the black lines to get an uninterrupted and masked seam as much as I could. I've become more serious with my building (of course I still have fun), and cutting inside the lines sounded like a good idea to get a realistic finish.

josh: Initially I didn't think it would have a huge effect, but when trying to fit the largest part on the frames, the millimeters of line I had chopped off really affected the fit. For the longest time I had never cared where, in respect to the lines, I should cut.

Besides that, I do plan to continue on this build. I'll be recoloring the electronic files to gunship gray as the colors don't seem to be a very gunship grayish color.

Before that, my computer is finally breathing its last breaths and I'll have to switch off to my brother's laptop. Thankfully, he's getting a new laptop and his "old" laptop is in extremely great shape. I'll finally be able to run Inkscape and play around with the F-15E files to get them to a more updated version of today's graphics. (As soon as I learn Inkscape though :D)
Old 07-22-2011, 07:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
One big advantage to digital models...you can print suitable replacement pages easy.

With a preprinted kit, you can never match the colour and quality.

But Modelarts print quality is so nice though, isn't it?!

Do you have the digital files for the necessary parts?
if not, I'm sure Moshe won't mind if I pass them along.
(just the parts in question...not the whole kit)

I still think its worth to reprint the parts and finish the kit.
If for nothing else, but further experience.
Why not take the file to the local copy shop, with a sample from the printed model, and ask them to print the replacment pages on similar paper, etc?
Old 07-22-2011, 09:45 AM

It is extremely nice, made me soil my pants when I was viewing the pages.

Yup, I bought the digital files prior to the preprinted kit. Originally I intended to use the digital files and print my own copy of it, but then Modelart's preprinted kits came in the mail the next day, and I was instantly captivated. (Thanks for the help though!)

Local copy shop...never experienced doing business with them and I'm too shy to try now! :D I did contemplate this idea, as I was pretty desperate. However, I'm going to order the preprinted kits again and use this one as spares.

Gaining experience is a good goal, and definitely something I want to attain (as I plan to build all the Modelart F-15 variants in the really near future. In fact, I've already made an area where I want them all displayed :D).
Old 07-24-2011, 01:36 AM

O.K., so recoloring is going pretty good right now, might take me a few weeks to months but it's going steady.

While I'm at it, did anyone document/save Michael Cittadino's F-15C build? Or, if anyone knows where I can contact him? I would really appreciate it as I find his build extremely striking!
Google Adsense
Old 07-28-2011, 12:10 AM

Good news!

I changed the scale to 1/33 and the slightly smaller scale of course yielded slightly smaller printouts. I did a few test prints, fits and well, I think it'll be perfect in 1/33. Also, due to the nature of the paper I'm using, I figured a solution to my line cutting problems.

Slightly disappointing news is that I won't pick this project up until the start of next year, as I want 2012 to be an F-15 build year for myself - where I attempt to build all the Modelart F-15's and their variants (I don't fear not completing this ambition as the F-15 has become my favorite aircraft of all time, and that's enough to push me through and hold my interest).

Until then, a well known Mr. Krol and his spectacular build of Lucasz's P-40 inspired me to try my hand at one of them cool P-40's - thread on that coming soon :D
Old 09-05-2012, 03:23 AM

HOW many pages does this plane have may buy it when page number is reasonable 50 max or color pages and I don't care how many black pages it have connecting strips if you know what i mean black. just the color and former pages?
F-22 nut
Old 09-05-2012, 07:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-22 nut View Post
HOW many pages does this plane have may buy it when page number is reasonable 50 max or color pages and I don't care how many black pages it have connecting strips if you know what i mean black. just the color and former pages?
F-22 nut
Watch the video in post #1. At 4:40, it says 24 color pages.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:47 AM

Help me out?

I know that this post is very old, but is this F15-e plane still available anywhere (digital or sheets)?

I just registered today so that I can get more info on these beautiful birds.

Thanks,
Brandon

Last edited by 3Turner; 03-02-2014 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Removing email....no spambot harvesting here
Old 03-02-2014, 11:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandon3 View Post
I know that this post is very old, but is this F15-e plane still available anywhere (digital or sheets)?

I just registered today so that I can get more info on these beautiful birds.

Thanks,
Brandon
Digital here:CADbest - Advanced Geometrical Solutions

Printed, contact member = Moshe
Google Adsense