PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 07-26-2011, 03:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 613.72 MB
Fine build, I like what I see. Those old GELIS can be quite tricky to build properly, but you are doing this kit full justice.
You did a very neat job on the landing gear of this kit: I have seen some paper models that got quite bad down there.

Regards, Martin
Old 07-26-2011, 03:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowhawk View Post
Fine build, I like what I see. Those old GELIS can be quite tricky to build properly, but you are doing this kit full justice.
You did a very neat job on the landing gear of this kit: I have seen some paper models that got quite bad down there.

Regards, Martin

Ahoy Martin
thank you for your wonderfull reply on my Dornier 215 you hit nail right on the head the geli kits are tricky to build the paper they use is quite flimsy you dont want t over control the paper or you will leave a crease or blimish. the landing gear in the kit isn,t up to snuff for me so i scratched it out. these geli kits can use some extra work to make them right, but i like them because the paper is glossy no need for krylon or areo gloss dope. I thank you again.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Geli Dornier Do 215 flying pencil-1-dornier-do-215b-01.jpg   Geli Dornier Do 215 flying pencil-do215-07f.jpg  
Old 07-26-2011, 06:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Great model, Boats. Built this very one with our son about 20 years ago, and it brings back happy memories. Had it hanging by its tail on the wall in his room for years. Your landing gear and fresh props really dress it up. What did you use for the wheels? Wooden blanks maybe? Like them.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermodelfan View Post
Great model, Boats. Built this very one with our son about 20 years ago, and it brings back happy memories. Had it hanging by its tail on the wall in his room for years. Your landing gear and fresh props really dress it up. What did you use for the wheels? Wooden blanks maybe? Like them.

Ahoy Rob
Thanks for your wonderfull reply I am happy that I brought back some happy memories of your build from the past. Once in a blue moon i run across some builds that bring me back in time where i use to live at when the kit was first produced. Kits will do that from time to time. Ok Rob for the wheels I used backing material the kits wheels look to small so I discarded them and made my own. Useing a bow compass I made a series of disc from backing material makeing certain that they are in scale with the kit. At the center hole of the disc I chucked it up to my lathe if you done have a lathe use a hand drill gun. when the wheel is turning on the lathe or drill use a file to bevel out a taper from the sides of the wheel it will bring out the wheel, By doing this you can make hundreds of wheels I hoped this has helped, again Rob thanks for your reply.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Geli Dornier Do 215 flying pencil-pict0005.jpg  
Old 07-27-2011, 12:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Well done!

Wyvern
Google Adsense
Old 08-01-2011, 09:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 613.72 MB
I just discovered there is another cardboard model of this rare bird by Dr. Emil Zarkhov: Have a look at ML Paper Models: Home Page => "Enter the store" tab. The 215 is in the lower third of the 1/32 kits.