PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-06-2011, 08:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 110.00 MB
Mike, excellent excellent excellent !!!!
Greg
Old 10-08-2011, 11:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Thank you Greg.

A little more done - my solution to installation of the exhaust's base was to glue it in halfway, then attach forward segment. Worked without a glitch as you will see in the next post
Attached Thumbnails
Marek/Leif Mustang Mk I 613 Squadron RAF-mustang-i-ag522-22.jpg   Marek/Leif Mustang Mk I 613 Squadron RAF-mustang-i-ag522-23.jpg   Marek/Leif Mustang Mk I 613 Squadron RAF-mustang-i-ag522-24.jpg  
Old 10-08-2011, 11:55 AM

And here is my first major screw-up
Somehow I managed to smear glue over part 2 twice (primary and back-up printout...) so I had to make a third printout and of course ended up with different shades of the camo. While trying to fade them a bit, a little white started to show from underneath the ink so I had to stop and make some tough decisions. Since I didn't feel like rebuilding the cockpit (again) I decided to call the damage and different colors "weathering" and proceed with the part as-is. The uptake is that in real life it looks much better than on those photos.

General note - comparing to Marek's earlier models of the Mustang, this design represents HUGE improvement in both look and fit of the parts.
Attached Thumbnails
Marek/Leif Mustang Mk I 613 Squadron RAF-mustang-i-ag522-25.jpg   Marek/Leif Mustang Mk I 613 Squadron RAF-mustang-i-ag522-26.jpg   Marek/Leif Mustang Mk I 613 Squadron RAF-mustang-i-ag522-27.jpg  
Old 10-08-2011, 12:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Beautiful work, Mike.

The replacement panel and weathering look fine in the photos. Wish I could see this one in real life.

Don
Old 10-08-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Beautiful work, Mike.

The replacement panel and weathering look fine in the photos. Wish I could see this one in real life.

Don
Don,
Thank you. If you ever decide that it's too cold in PA, give me a shout
Google Adsense
Old 10-09-2011, 09:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Mike looks good
Old 10-09-2011, 10:54 AM

Thanks Glen.
One more segment added. I'm not exactly thrilled how the lower part came out, but it will be covered by the fillet so it doesn't really matter.
Attached Thumbnails
Marek/Leif Mustang Mk I 613 Squadron RAF-mustang-i-ag522-28.jpg   Marek/Leif Mustang Mk I 613 Squadron RAF-mustang-i-ag522-29.jpg   Marek/Leif Mustang Mk I 613 Squadron RAF-mustang-i-ag522-30.jpg  
Old 10-09-2011, 01:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
You are building up the suspense towards the moment when you tackle the air intake, aren't you...

I'm not trying to jinx your build, just looking forward to that phase of the build. Really. The skinning looks really beautiful so far. Good to hear that the quality of the kit is basically alright, and with your improvement really good.

Leif
Old 10-09-2011, 02:06 PM

Thank you for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif Ohlsson View Post
You are building up the suspense towards the moment when you tackle the air intake, aren't you...
Leif
You've got me
I think that the belly scoop will be best handled after the wings are installed so it will take a while.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:08 AM

Fuselage keeps growing
I enlarged part 8a and added piece of card behind it to close up the space behind it. That was probably a mistake as it resulted in difficulties in adding the last segment. I think that the best way to deal with this would be to connect both segments and then somehow insert part 8a...
Attached Thumbnails
Marek/Leif Mustang Mk I 613 Squadron RAF-mustang-i-ag522-31.jpg   Marek/Leif Mustang Mk I 613 Squadron RAF-mustang-i-ag522-32.jpg  
Google Adsense