PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
You might want to first learn how these forums work. This forums, and many that use this software, still allow people who are not registered to download files uploaded to threads, as your has been, without registering in the forum. By putting the model in a thread, it is available to anyone who happens to "pop in", thus the model has been "thrown to the wind". I would suggest putting it the downloads section if you want some semblance of control. Of course, you do realize that even doing that, does not guarantee anything. If you sweat over a model like this, that takes around 15 minutes to bang out, I wouldn't post anything more complicated. I don't mean the 15 minutes for the final model you have produced, I mean the plans. Also, in Rhino, it would have been very easy to put the colors in for those who wish to print out a colored one. Saving people much time. So, if you are not giving the model to the world, you may want to pull it out of the threads.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:44 PM

Thanks for the tips, Zathros. No I understand how this works and I'm fine with this pattern being "out there". I am currently redesigning it for efficient manufacturability and laser cutting. If this version gets stolen it won't hurt. But, like my Tug design of a couple years ago, if my friends here can use this then they are welcome to it. I still hold out hope of getting rich off of upcoming designs later
Old 03-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Thanks for the tips, Zathros. No I understand how this works and I'm fine with this pattern being "out there". I am currently redesigning it for efficient manufacturability and laser cutting. If this version gets stolen it won't hurt. But, like my Tug design of a couple years ago, if my friends here can use this then they are welcome to it. I still hold out hope of getting rich off of upcoming designs later
I know many master designers of many types of models. A lot work of commissioned work. All have day jobs. You may get a supplemental income, but getting rich, I doubt it, though I do think you're saying this "tongue cheek".

I'd like to see a picture of your Tug design(s). I have always been a fan of Tugboats. How can't you be! I love these work horse boats. They're awesome!

Rhino is absolutely great for making hulls. One of the best tools for that.

I'd personally like to see some pics of the models you have designed, as I am sure others would.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
Quote:
Now modeling never got anyone rich, but you will be the exception!

By the way, I love the design - we're learning about the Cold War and the subsequent baby boomer generations, and the murray pursuit is one of those things that have a cool vibe to it.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Quote:
Hello, everyone,
I have taken a bit of a vacation from my Fokker D8 because I have been working hard to learn to use Rhino. This program is amazing! It has so much to offer paper model designers. But it has (at least for me) a steep learning curve.

I believe I have at last reached a point where I can design and implement a pattern in paper that will build a decent model. Here's my latest project:

Yes, every Baby Boomer's favorite childhood toy, the Murray Pursuit. I found a good blog that chronicles the restoration of one of these cool pedal cars...

and used it to design a paper version that might appeal to Boomers who want a decor item that takes them back to their youth.

So I'm not too concerned that the model isn't totally accurate to the real car, I am more interested in the fact that Rhino gave me a tool that creates a model that accurately mimics what I made in Rhino.

I intend to develop this for the interior decoration market and I think this concept could include things like kiddy rides (the little 25 cent rides that used to be outside of stores) and other styles of pedal cars.

Happy modeling! Now back to the Fokker

Do you mind sharing the blog url. I'd like to build one full size for a pilot friend who has a new grandson.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:31 PM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Thanks Bruce!

Last edited by billy.leliveld; 03-27-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:32 PM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Quote; I'd like to see a picture of your Tug design(s). I have always been a fan of Tugboats. How can't you be! I love these work horse boats. They're awesome!
I'd personally like to see some pics of the models you have designed, as I am sure others would.

He Zathros, I think Bruce means his tow-tractor;
AvantCard - Paper Models

Last edited by billy.leliveld; 03-28-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavenport View Post
Do you mind sharing the blog url. I'd like to build one full size for a pilot friend who has a new grandson.
Sure, Charles.

The Pursuit Pedal Plane Project
Old 03-28-2012, 06:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy.leliveld View Post
Quote; I'd like to see a picture of your Tug design(s). I have always been a fan of Tugboats. How can't you be! I love these work horse boats. They're awesome!

He Zathros, I think Bruce means his tow-tractor;
AvantCard - Paper Models
Thanks Billy! That is a fantastic model!!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Thanks so much! The Chinese beat me to it! You can get a reproduction one for $400 on #Ebay. A bit too high considering it's made by slave labor. But, if ya gotta have one, ya gotta have one!