PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 07-29-2012, 06:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 36.39 MB
Spacemen1969's Aviation Builds Thread

I thought this idea over for a while now and just thought "What the hack, why not!" This will save me some time, time that can be used to build. What's this idea you ask? Creating one thread that houses all of my future build! For the first one, it will be the poll question winner, the repainted Heinkel HE-162! I did the repaint about 2 months ago, and just never quite got around to building it. Turns out when I did the repaint I missed a section where black should be. I just colored over the previous color with a black marker. But anyway, the new feature with this model, is that it is the first one I've built (so far) with colored edges! Yay! So far, it looks great. I just gotta do the tail, wings, engine w/ housing, and the landing gear and she's done. (This HE-162 will be #4 in my collection). Anyway, here's what I've got so far.

Jarrod,
Spacemen1969

P.S. Does anybody know of a trick I could use to form rounded noses on the fuselage? It seems like every time I try, it comes out looking not-so-great, but still gets the job done. I'm open to ideas (as long as it doesn't cost $$$).
Attached Thumbnails
Spacemen1969's Aviation Builds Thread-005.jpg   Spacemen1969's Aviation Builds Thread-006.jpg   Spacemen1969's Aviation Builds Thread-008.jpg   Spacemen1969's Aviation Builds Thread-007.jpg  
Old 07-29-2012, 07:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemen1969 View Post
P.S. Does anybody know of a trick I could use to form rounded noses on the fuselage? It seems like every time I try, it comes out looking not-so-great, but still gets the job done. I'm open to ideas (as long as it doesn't cost $$$).
Sometimes it's the design, sometimes the builder, sometimes both. There are lots of ways to define roundness..... Can you post a decent pict of what your trying to achieve? The pedals are very short on the model your showing and may need to be lengthened.

Show me where you want to go with the nose and I MIGHT have an idea or two.

Swampfox
Old 07-29-2012, 07:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
I use a circle template (plastic one) to push the petals together,or anything round like the cap to a sharpie, i'll try to get some pics of what i'm talking about........Rich
Old 07-29-2012, 11:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Model aeroplane tissue (or thin paper) and PVA. Essentially make a a "thimble" of tissue and glue in the nose cone. Build it up from strips of tissue. As the glue goes off it becomes a bit like putty and you can manipulate the roundness with a finger tip, pen top etc..

When dry sand to perfection and paint or colour to your requirements.

It worked for me on the FG B52.

D
Old 07-30-2012, 02:10 PM

Just finished up the wings and tail. Now on to the engine.
Attached Thumbnails
Spacemen1969's Aviation Builds Thread-001.jpg   Spacemen1969's Aviation Builds Thread-002.jpg   Spacemen1969's Aviation Builds Thread-003.jpg  
Old 08-10-2012, 08:40 PM

Ok guys, i'm finally back. Sorry I haven't posted anything for a while. Had another surgery on Tuesday. This time on my knee (again). I'm back at my house though, which is good. I'm beginning to get sick and tired of all these hospitals. Anyway, here's the V-1 Buzz bomb, re-painted as promised. And in the next post, there's my recently finished MIG-21 w/ extras (which is a first for me). Anyway, here's the two models.

Jarrod,
Spacemen1969

P.S. Thanks to everyone who has been so patient with me. Just all these past injures are all coming back at once....
Attached Thumbnails
Spacemen1969's Aviation Builds Thread-005.jpg   Spacemen1969's Aviation Builds Thread-006.jpg   Spacemen1969's Aviation Builds Thread-007.jpg   Spacemen1969's Aviation Builds Thread-008.jpg   Spacemen1969's Aviation Builds Thread-009.jpg  

Old 08-10-2012, 08:43 PM

Here's the MIG-21, equipt w/ the extra fuel tank, two UV-32 Rocket pods, and two Heat seekers.
Attached Thumbnails
Spacemen1969's Aviation Builds Thread-001.jpg   Spacemen1969's Aviation Builds Thread-002.jpg   Spacemen1969's Aviation Builds Thread-003.jpg   Spacemen1969's Aviation Builds Thread-004.jpg   Spacemen1969's Aviation Builds Thread-005.jpg