PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-19-2012, 09:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 97.43 MB
Alan Rose Hindenburg

Hey Everyone,
Looking through the pile of kits I have I came across the Alan Rose Hindenburg book / kit, in pristine condition! I'd like to donate it to the site, and maybe see if you guys want to contact him, like with his DC-3, and make it available here to everyone. I really have no desire to build it, and it's just going to waste. Let me know if this sounds good, and if it does, where I can send it.....

Mike
Google Adsense
Old 10-19-2012, 02:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
VERY NICE OFFER MIKE.....Rich
Old 10-19-2012, 08:26 PM

I've gotten so much enjoyment from this hobby I'd like to give something back, small though it is. The model looks really beautiful, and it looks to be about four feet long when complete. I hope the people who worked on the DC-3 can do the same type of thing with this kit. I know that a lot of aviation enthusiasts love airships, and this is the most awesome one of all. The one request I have is that alternate parts could be included to replace the vertical stabilizers, I hate those damn swastikas, and I know it's historically accurate, but they bother me. Probably why I haven't built it......Anyway, I hope it can be shared with everyone!
Mike
Old 10-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcusanelli View Post
The one request I have is that alternate parts could be included to replace the vertical stabilizers, I hate those damn swastikas, and I know it's historically accurate, but they bother me. Probably why I haven't built it......Anyway, I hope it can be shared with everyone!
Mike
In order for this to be a "Global Model", IF it get approved for digital re-drawing, it will HAVE to have these parts as it is not legal for those emblems to be shown publicly in certain countries..........

I have crossed fingers that this does get re-drawn and allowed to be downloaded here, just to be able to build such a large model would be every card modellers dream.

Oh...... and I also THANK YOU for the gesture........... it is a very wonderful offer to the Card Modeling community.

john

My Drawings

Last edited by John Bowden; 10-19-2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: I fargot to thank Mike..........Duh! on my part!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:08 PM

John,
It's my pleasure!
Google Adsense
Old 10-20-2012, 09:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Hello Mike.
Your idea is interesting, and your offering is very generous.

I’ve seen pictures of the built model of the Hindenburg (Adolf Pirling made a nice build) and it is a great model indeed.

I think I can send an e-mail to Mr. Rose, and ask him whether he is willing to authorize a digital restoration of the Hindenburg or not.

If he approves, then we can start talking about who can scan the book properly, and who can re-draw it digitally. That would be an interesting project after the DC-3. If no-one else offers his/her skills, then I may be able to work on it. But I really have no problem if any other person wishes to work on it.

What John Bowden said is completely true: the swastikas are not allowed to be shown publicly in Germany, and probably other countries. So a “clean” option should be a must.

But let’s not hurry, and don’t make any plans before getting permission. First things first.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
this is a very exciting project. i truly hope that you are able to get permission to continue this. is there a online photo of this kit for my curiosity? i would love to see either plans or a built up kit if possible.

thanks much mike and ruben. good luck on obtaining flight clearance!!
Old 10-20-2012, 11:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
very exciting indeed.What ever happens this is an amazing offer thank you for thinking of the community is this way,everything crossed it happens
Attached Thumbnails
Alan Rose Hindenburg-51uslk2qx8l__ss500_.jpg  
Old 10-20-2012, 11:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.93 MB
Here some pictures of my "Hindenburg":
Length of the model 1225 mm,
diameter 205 mm
I have built it in 2008.

Greeting
Adolf Pirling
Attached Thumbnails
Alan Rose Hindenburg-cover-web.jpg   Alan Rose Hindenburg-alle-spanten-3-web.jpg   Alan Rose Hindenburg-bauteil-3-web.jpg   Alan Rose Hindenburg-halbzeit-1-web.jpg   Alan Rose Hindenburg-halbzeit-2-web.jpg  

Alan Rose Hindenburg-halbzeit-3-web.jpg   Alan Rose Hindenburg-im-innern-meines-z.-web.jpg   Alan Rose Hindenburg-fertigr-rumpf-web.jpg   Alan Rose Hindenburg-decke-1-web.jpg   Alan Rose Hindenburg-decke-3-web.jpg  

Alan Rose Hindenburg-decke-4-web.jpg   Alan Rose Hindenburg-vergelich-1-web.jpg   Alan Rose Hindenburg-vergleich-mit-schraube-web.jpg   Alan Rose Hindenburg-verf.-b-skizze-web.jpg   Alan Rose Hindenburg-verfahren-b-web.jpg  

Old 10-20-2012, 11:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Very cool Adolf...like the 109 along side....IT WAS BIG!
What I really like is your Graf Zeppelin! i think it a better looking Zep than the Hindenburg, just like the shape of it......Rich