PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-27-2008, 06:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Chugging along....
Windscreen was created from separated pieces glued onto the hood bows provided in the kit -worked perfectly.
Buble canopy is adapted from Gomix' Typhoon Mk IB. It's to big and needs to be trimmed but the shape is dead on - well, almost, that's why it's in open position
When I looked on the photo showing gunsight I realised that the glass part should be up front of the box but I will not try to reposition it - CA glue makes it dangerous to the part...
Attached Thumbnails
GreMir Models Hawker Tempest Mk V-gremir-tempest-mk-v-28.jpg   GreMir Models Hawker Tempest Mk V-gremir-tempest-mk-v-29.jpg   GreMir Models Hawker Tempest Mk V-gremir-tempest-mk-v-30.jpg   GreMir Models Hawker Tempest Mk V-gremir-tempest-mk-v-31.jpg  
Old 12-27-2008, 07:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.95 MB
Send a message via ICQ to Johnny
Nice lookin windscreen!! And canopy!!
Old 12-28-2008, 12:03 AM

Thank you Johnny.
I started on the center section of the wing.
Word of caution - John suggests using 1mm card to laminate formers, but this is for 1/24 scale. If you resize the model, you should also adjust the thickness - I chose to cut larger openings in the formers :D
Cut out for the wheel well in the RIB 1 is a bit undersized and should be enlarged about 1mm each side to easily slide onto the frame and wheel well.
Attached Thumbnails
GreMir Models Hawker Tempest Mk V-gremir-tempest-mk-v-32.jpg   GreMir Models Hawker Tempest Mk V-gremir-tempest-mk-v-33.jpg  
Old 12-28-2008, 07:37 AM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Looking great Mike!
Old 12-28-2008, 08:04 AM

Thank you Dan.
This is entirely John's achievement - I'm only putting it together
Google Adsense
Old 12-28-2008, 08:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
And putting it together very well!

The usual fine Krol Kraftsmanship.

Don
Old 12-31-2008, 03:01 PM

Thanks Don - I try
Well...
This is going to be my last update in this thread -for 2008 :D
Both center sections are installed and as you can see on the side view, fit is very good.
Bottom look is not a concern since John provides belly plates that will cover everything nicely.
When viewed from the front, wings appear to be sagging a bit but it is an illusion - when placed on the edge of the desk bottom surfaces are perfectly flat with upper surfaces slightly sloping downwards (exactly as on the plan)
Attached Thumbnails
GreMir Models Hawker Tempest Mk V-gremir-tempest-mk-v-34.jpg   GreMir Models Hawker Tempest Mk V-gremir-tempest-mk-v-35.jpg   GreMir Models Hawker Tempest Mk V-gremir-tempest-mk-v-36.jpg  
Old 01-01-2009, 12:46 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Excellent build, Mike. That canopy hood is really nice, as is the care you put in overall assembly fit. You models build the way I wish I could.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:04 PM

Thank you John.
Tempest is exactly what I call a recreational model - not a lot of details so anybody can build it within 2-3 weeks, but outstanding artwork do the final result is real showpiece. Even my wife said that I'm finally building a nice looking model :D
Belly plates and wing fillets installed - no problems at all, they fit like a glove.
Attached Thumbnails
GreMir Models Hawker Tempest Mk V-gremir-tempest-mk-v-37.jpg   GreMir Models Hawker Tempest Mk V-gremir-tempest-mk-v-38.jpg   GreMir Models Hawker Tempest Mk V-gremir-tempest-mk-v-39.jpg  
Old 01-01-2009, 03:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
You wrote: "This is entirely John's achievement - I'm only putting it together . . ."

It's clear that John did a superb job of designing this model, Mike, but I don't think you can blame the entire outcome of the project on him. There is clearly some outstanding Krol Kraftsmanship involved (he said enviously).

Don
Google Adsense