PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 01-08-2014, 08:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Very impressive work. If you could design the C-5 Galaxy allot of us would really love you.

Are your models for sale, free down load or just for personal use?
waiting for that one thats for sure
Old 01-09-2014, 09:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Goodness me.

I've been out for about a week and when I come back you guys have kept this thread alive and kicking. over 59000 views and 1000 posts. Wow

Many thanks for the pictures, the remarks, the builds, the concerns, etc.

I am Ok, don't worry. No the Nimrod did not frigthen me.
I finally took some time off. I had talked about it before but never actually got to it.
I needed the break. I called the thread one model per non-working day, but did quite a bit more. (+/- one per calender day) And that was a bit too much, certainly combined with a (more than) full time job and chronical pains.

but please feel free to recolor the models that are available, or post pictures of your builds.

So I'll try to finish the Argosy (this weekend). After that I think I'm going to do some 1/100 scale models first before going back to 1/300 scale.

Bruno
Old 01-09-2014, 10:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.05 GB
welcome back
A-7 olympus
Old 01-09-2014, 11:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorsandplanes View Post
Goodness me.

I've been out for about a week and when I come back you guys have kept this thread alive and kicking. over 59000 views and 1000 posts. Wow

Many thanks for the pictures, the remarks, the builds, the concerns, etc.

I am Ok, don't worry. No the Nimrod did not frigthen me.
I finally took some time off. I had talked about it before but never actually got to it.
I needed the break. I called the thread one model per non-working day, but did quite a bit more. (+/- one per calender day) And that was a bit too much, certainly combined with a (more than) full time job and chronical pains.

but please feel free to recolor the models that are available, or post pictures of your builds.

So I'll try to finish the Argosy (this weekend). After that I think I'm going to do some 1/100 scale models first before going back to 1/300 scale.

Bruno
if you would re do the air new zealand dc10 that you made at 1;300 into a 1;100 i would happlily pay for it as i can never get rescales right.pm me
Old 01-09-2014, 04:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Welcome back Bruno. Glad you are OK, but let us know next time you're gonna disappear. I've lost way too many friends and I do worry you know.

Looking forward to the Argosy. All I've got left on my Cold War to-do pile now is the remake of the Vulcan (Try to get the wings right this time). After that, I suppose I'll just have to do some of the USAF kites, but other than a HerkyBird lift out of 'Nam, I've not had any personal involvement with them.

Oh yeah, there was the Jungle Taxi to the Airport of course, but that was a green one of these... (Perhaps I'll attempt a recolour!).

Ignore Kong in the background ... I like to have something big to work on when struggling with these little ones. It gives me a break from the magnifier.

Keep on snippin' ... Johnny

PS: No, I'm not letting you off the Hastings and the Nimrod. I can wait ... but they're not acceptable in 1:200 ... much as I know Herky would prefer them in the bigger scale..
Old 01-09-2014, 05:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Wow 1/100 scale, cant wait
Old 01-10-2014, 07:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 38.14 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post

Ignore Kong in the background ... I like to have something big to work on when struggling with these little ones. It gives me a break from the magnifier.
Lol. Yeah, just pretend that honking huge gorilla is not there looking like it's about to eat that helicopter. That's one mighty big kong model! What scale is he and how big will it be when finished? Is that the helicopter posted earlier in the thread off a ship model? I think I have to have one of those.

Steve
Old 01-10-2014, 05:55 PM

Steve ...

Kong is a pre-cut MB Paper-art figure. One of four I couldn't resist on Ebay as there had been no bids. See here ... Found on eBay
He's a slow time build, as it's laser printed on semi-gloss card. Each tab has to be scraped off or the glue just won't stick firmly.

The Bell UH1N Gunship is a Czech 1:250 MikroModel (By Rawen) printed x83% to get it down to 1:300. I downloaded them a few years ago now, so I don't have the website URL to hand. (VK will no doubt oblige). The Hind I posted earlier came from the same source.

At 1:300 it's a fiddly little bu##er, but it has interior details too. Even down to the MGs mounted at the doors. Sorry for the crap photo, but I'm having problems persuading my camera to focus for close-ups. I have to zoom out, take a pic, then edit out most of the frame in Paint.net. This didn't work too well in this case.

Keep on snippin' ... Johnny.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Here you go: .

I'm not sure why the link is only a period ... hmmm
Old 01-10-2014, 07:14 PM

Cheers for the link VK. I've been for a peek ... lots of new stuff has been released from their ABC stash. More choppers snaffled.

Johnny.

PS: Oh wow ... I just found a 1:250 Osprey ... watch this space for a 1:300 one!

Last edited by JohnM; 01-10-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Tags
hornet, policía federal