PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 07-31-2020, 03:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan angel 747 View Post
that sounds to me like the air force that protects the santa claus factory (and also another model)
B/G Fred Haeffner's 58th TFTW sported some of the most colorful markings of the post-Vietnam era; 584 was his jet. One final shot of 584, now as "The Adidis", with its D-Day Invasion Stripes applied. Done nominally for air-to-air identification during dog-fight training, it really just looked cool. As a group, these aircraft were known as "The Candy Cane Air Force" on the 58th's 1976 Christmas Card.

From the caption of this striped F-4C on Airliners.net (others had red or yellow stripes).

As far as colourful Eagles go, there was also this one with "Sabre stripes", still from the 555th. Incidentally, that was the first F-15 that left the factory wearing the Compass Ghost grey scheme.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylon48290 View Post
Hello here again

I’m just wondering what is the color of the Air National Guard F-15As/Bs during the 9/11 attacks? Was it the “Mod Eagle” scheme or a “Ghost Grey” scheme? I’m quite confused tho when seeing the pictures hehehehehe

*The reason why I’m questioning this is because I want to make a recolor of the F-15A “First Responder” Eagle (s/n 77-0102) of the 102nd Fighter Wing, whom approached the World Trade Center after the Flight 11 hits.
I think that by 2001, they would have been already repainted in the Mod Eagle scheme. The model in this thread is painted in those colors.

edit: the Candy Cane F-15 has now joined its blue team mate in the DL section.

Last edited by cafe; 07-31-2020 at 06:11 AM.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 339.13 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafe View Post
I think that by 2001, they would have been already repainted in the Mod Eagle scheme. The model in this thread is painted in those colors.

edit: the Candy Cane F-15 has now joined its blue team mate in the DL section.
Okay, I see so there’s not much needed to do with the camouflage. By the way, I’m near to complete the recolor of the “First Responder” F-15A Eagle tho (serial no. 77-0102). all that remains now is the eagle head with the pilot’s name near the cockpit hehehehe
Old 07-31-2020, 08:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 787.44 MB
Quote:
Hello here again

I’m just wondering what is the color of the Air National Guard F-15As/Bs during the 9/11 attacks? Was it the “Mod Eagle” scheme or a “Ghost Grey” scheme? I’m quite confused tho when seeing the pictures hehehehehe

*The reason why I’m questioning this is because I want to make a recolor of the F-15A “First Responder” Eagle (s/n 77-0102) of the 102nd Fighter Wing, whom approached the World Trade Center after the Flight 11 hits

May the Soul Rest in Peace for the victims
That F-15 is displayed not far from where I live, and I've somehow never considered doing that one myself

Old 07-31-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NACA X CRAFT View Post
That F-15 is displayed not far from where I live, and I've somehow never considered doing that one myself

Nice, At least you could see that, everytime you go for a free time hehehehe
I’m just doing a recolor of it because It’s nearing to the 19th anniversary of the attacks tho, I might gonna do a diorama of it (unofficial)
Old 08-01-2020, 03:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 787.44 MB
Quote:
Nice, At least you could see that, everytime you go for a free time hehehehe
I’m just doing a recolor of it because It’s nearing to the 19th anniversary of the attacks tho, I might gonna do a diorama of it (unofficial)
Unfortunately it's not a free museum, but it's well worth the money knowing it's keeping the planes in shape! I believe somewhere I have the files of all the 9/11 airliners, I don't remember where I got them or where I saved them to, but I'll try and post them here when I do.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:22 AM

Hello Here Again

I just wanted to give you some notice ever since I’ve uploaded many recolors of F-15A/C Eagles, all of its rear canopy bar were already angled to the front side as you can see on the F-15 photo posted by NACA x CRAFT. I just found out that the rear canopy bar of the F-15A/C which the first time I build was in the wrong angle (angled to the rear), I simply flip it horizontally and no need to move it a little, just fits perfectly

*You can see the difference of the rear canopy bars of my two recolored F-15C Eagles, which both bears the markings of 525th TFS on the photo below:

Old 08-01-2020, 10:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.20 GB
NACA X CRAFT You will make this B747 YAL-1 Airborne Laser Platform available in this file when you paint it, I will gladly add this model to my production list, because this version is missing
Old 08-01-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Hello Here Again

I just wanted to give you some notice ever since I’ve uploaded many recolors of F-15A/C Eagles, all of its rear canopy bar were already angled to the front side as you can see on the F-15 photo posted by NACA x CRAFT. I just found out that the rear canopy bar of the F-15A/C which the first time I build was in the wrong angle (angled to the rear), I simply flip it horizontally and no need to move it a little, just fits perfectly

*You can see the difference of the rear canopy bars of my two recolored F-15C Eagles, which both bears the markings of 525th TFS on the photo below:
That's a good idea. I'll do it to for the next recolor (5th FIS F-15A & B).
Old 08-01-2020, 11:22 AM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.36 GB
Hello Mark Balderrama aka NACA X CRAFT, I just visited your Instagram page and like very much the X-15 A-2 drawing droping his rocket boosters. Waiting and foresee for your Boeing YAL-1, I must to see that rounded weapon on front of it. Regards, Tony.

Tags
hornet, policía federal