PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-22-2020, 07:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.08 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylon48290 View Post
Hello here again

I’m just showing my currently finished personal recolored F-15A “Satellite Killer” Eagle, Weapon Pylons to be build and installed (made exclusively by Carlos)

*Not quite a good build tho, I’m also wondering if should I make a diorama of it firing an ASAT missile with a dark blue sky photo as its background hehehehe
if you do the diorama it would be "chevere"

chevere = colombia form for say amazing

link: https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/juan-angel-b747
Juan Angel B747 Club Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/1147649602234573
Old 08-22-2020, 08:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 339.13 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan angel 747 View Post
if you do the diorama it would be "chevere"

chevere = colombia form for say amazing
Yeaps that’s true, thanks Juan
It was still let’s just say on Pending status as of now tho hehehehe
Old 08-22-2020, 08:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
Quote:
Wow awesome
How do you position the letters on a circular badge?
In Inkscape:

1) Draw a circle
2) write text
3) select both
4) menu "texte/mettre suivant un chemin" ("text/ put on a path" in the english version???)
5) select circle (not text) and flip it horizontally or vertically if you want the text inside the circle.
6) draw a smaller circle (or a + sign) at the center of the big one. You'll use it as a positioning mark to move to its center the rotation center of the group formed by the big circle and the text. Once that operation is done, delete the positioning mark.
7) rotate the group formed by the "circle + text" group as you wish.
8) change the font size and diameter of the big circle as you wish
9) once you're satisfied with the result, select the text and turn it into a path (menu "chemin/objet en chemin", menu "path/object as path").
10) You can now remove the circle without the text returning to a straight line.

edit:

alternative to step #6: draw a circle large enough to contain the original circle and the text. It needs to be centered on the original circle. Group everything together for ease of manipulation. You'll remove all circles at step #10.

Text can follow any path, not just a circle.

Last edited by cafe; 08-22-2020 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-22-2020, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafe View Post
In Inkscape:

1) Draw a circle
2) write text
3) select both
4) menu "texte/mettre suivant un chemin" ("text/ put on a path" in the english version???)
5) select circle (not text) and flip it horizontally or vertically if you want the text inside the circle.
6) draw a smaller circle (or a + sign) at the center of the big one. You'll use it as a positioning mark to move to its center the rotation center of the group formed by the big circle and the text. Once that operation is done, delete the positioning mark.
7) rotate the group formed by the "circle + text" group as you wish.
8) change the font size and diameter of the big circle as you wish
9) once you're satisfied with the result, select the text and turn it into a path (menu "chemin/objet en chemin", menu "path/object as path").
10) You can now remove the circle without the text returning to a straight line.

edit:

alternative to step #6: draw a circle large enough to contain the original circle and the text. It needs to be centered on the original circle. Group everything together for ease of manipulation. You'll remove all circles at step #10.

Text can follow any path, not just a circle.
That’s the same process that I did on the wordmark of my “ASAT EAGLE SATELLITE KILLER” logo tho (just sharing)
Old 08-22-2020, 09:38 AM

Your satellite killer looks cool!

Look at the missile set in 1:300 in the 5th FIS F-15 download. I added a live version of the ASAT missile a week ago.

As for the NFWS logo I used 2 base circles, one for each part of the text (Unites States Navy at the top and Fighter Weapons School at the bottom), one of them being flipped.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Your satellite killer looks cool!

Look at the missile set in 1:300 in the 5th FIS F-15 download. I added a live version of the ASAT missile a week ago.

As for the NFWS logo I used 2 base circles, one for each part of the text (Unites States Navy at the top and Fighter Weapons School at the bottom), one of them being flipped.
Thanks Cafe, I appreciate it
I wasn’t Updated tho hehehe, but still I can’t believe that you made the ASAT missile already

I’ve downloaded it right now. Thank you so much again for having me updated Cafe, can’t wait to finish it.
Since you made an Inert Version of the ASAT, I’m also planning to make the recolor of F-15A s/n 76-0086

P.S: I’m in no position to say this but is it okay that you also do the drop tanks for the F-15s? Not forcing tho hehehe
Old 08-22-2020, 10:17 AM

I haven't started work on the fuel tanks. I have a basic set of underwing missiles for the current F-15 (AIM-9X & AIM120A/B + C/D) but haven't done the versions of the AMRAAMs for the side fuselage sides.
Old 08-22-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I haven't started work on the fuel tanks. I have a basic set of underwing missiles for the current F-15 (AIM-9X & AIM120A/B + C/D) but haven't done the versions of the AMRAAMs for the side fuselage sides.
Okay I see, just take your time on what you are doing right now tho, no worries I can wait for long hehehe
Old 08-22-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
good also in the meantime I'll show you a fictitious livery
These are the F / A-18 Hornets of the Argentine Navy, before the Falklands there was an interest in obtaining the Hornets but they could not get it due to the British influence so this would be something like what if?

postscript:
they had planned to use them in the ARA "25 de mayo"
That's a good looking Hornet, Juan Angel!
Old 08-23-2020, 03:57 AM

Location: do you know that pale blue dot in the vastness of the universe?
Total Downloaded: 1.43 GB
Talking

Hello everyone,

i just finished new livery for A320 Spirit airlines, hope you like it.
The second set of engines are actually taken from Bruno's B757 since on model they seem pretty similar to real thing. I made as well new landing gear parts.

I also borrowed nose section from one of Gerry's recolors of A320 + the walkway on wings, i think these look pretty cool. Although the nose section resembles to me a bit of an Embraer 175 now :D

On last picture you can see the comparison of nose sections.
Attached Thumbnails
One model per (non-working) day-img_20200823_114839.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-img_20200823_114917.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-img_20200823_114928.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-img_20200823_114952.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf A320 Spirit.pdf (2.40 MB, 168 views)

Tags
hornet, policía federal