PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 02-07-2023, 12:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 141.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorsandplanes View Post
nice that you found them.
To be honest: I actually didn't, I read it on a big german railway forum!
Old 02-07-2023, 12:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.12 GB
Bruno, that's awesome!
Congratulations!

-Samuel
Old 02-11-2023, 03:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Thanks. Not to brag, but I also got a (slightly adapted) model published in a Spanish "Medicos sin fronteras" (Doctors without borders) bulletin (for free of course, since it is a good cause).

Now something else (and without wanting to start any political controversy), really not an airplane. Hearing so much about this specific type of vehicle, I wondered if I could make an easy model of it. So here for recoloring purposes, 1/100 scale Leopard II.
I wonder if somebody can make a nice color scheme for this one. (And if it catches your interest, I might be doing a few others as well.)
Attached Thumbnails
One model per (non-working) day-p1230125.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-p1230126.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-p1230127.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-p1230128.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-p1230129.jpg  

One model per (non-working) day-p1230131.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf snp free model Leopard II early.pdf (317.6 KB, 106 views)
Old 02-11-2023, 03:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
AFVs usually not my thing but as there's one of these not far from where I live....

Thanks Bruno!
Attached Thumbnails
One model per (non-working) day-capture-2.jpg  
Old 02-11-2023, 10:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
I'm not much into armor but this Leopard is really nice. Is 2A4 model an early one? Finland has some those while Poland has I think later ones. Unfortunately Finnish army camo on those (or any other AFV) tanks would be a bit of a nightmare to make in any scale unless I go really generic. I tried doing it long ago with Nobi T-54 and BTR-80 models.

This is why I much prefer doing and building simple recolors like this Hurricane.
Model is stock Bruno MkI Hurri plus tropical air filter+ markings of Hurricane flown by Marmaduke Thomas St John Pattle aka Pat Pattle. If there ever was a list of forgotten air aces Pat would be somewhere up top since hardly anyone ever heard of him yet there is a high possibility he was allied top scoring ace and in very short time mostly during defence of Greece where he died.

I added a couple of pictures of tail and air filter since those two details can be easily improved by whoever chooses to build it. Also wing fillets should be added (I think I got it right this time) and exhaust stacks size should be reduced by maybe 20%. Enjoy the pictures.

Tip of my hat to Stormeagle whos post long ago inspired me to make this recolor. Who knows,I might make more models from Battle of Greece period.
Old 02-11-2023, 12:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.01 GB
A very nice tribute to Pattle. One of the highest aces of the Alies who as you said was never recognized as he should have. He scored over 40 air-kills and this only during the battle of Greece, till early April 1941. Who knows what his score would be if he fought till 1945?
Old 02-11-2023, 01:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Quote:
Thanks. Not to brag, but I also got a (slightly adapted) model published in a Spanish "Medicos sin fronteras" (Doctors without borders) bulletin (for free of course, since it is a good cause).

Now something else (and without wanting to start any political controversy), really not an airplane. Hearing so much about this specific type of vehicle, I wondered if I could make an easy model of it. So here for recoloring purposes, 1/100 scale Leopard II.
I wonder if somebody can make a nice color scheme for this one. (And if it catches your interest, I might be doing a few others as well.)
What an interesting turn. Very nice! Thank you Bruno, i am sure that even hardcore aviation enthusiast are going to be trilled.

ps. Clio would tell what ever happen later on.
Old 02-11-2023, 06:51 PM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.36 GB
Big, big thanks for the Leopard II, Bruno!!!!! I immediatly doing recolors for LatinAmerican schemes. Thank you again and best regards!
Old 02-11-2023, 07:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Quote:
Hi Bruno, could you put the link?
Old 02-12-2023, 12:04 AM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.36 GB
Leopard 2 Tank

I already build the gray version of the Leopard 2 for check it out how all the different parts will assemble. Now I can apply colour to the kit. It seems that this kit covers until Leopard 2A3, really don't know maybe one tank expert may say his opinion. Thank you Bruno I really enjoy this kit!!!!
[IMG][/IMG]

Tags
hornet, policía federal